This article will show you how to perform a full or partial refund of a booking in Venue Manager.
Bear in mind
- Cancelling a booking cannot be reversed.
- You cannot refund more than the purchase amount.
- Credit card refunds can take 3-5 business days to return the funds to the cardholder's account.
- For bookings with a past booking date, a custom amount refund will cancel the booking. Refund specific items if you do not wish to cancel.
Issue a refund from Venue Manager
- From Venue Manager, search for and select the booking that requires a refund.
- Select the options menu (3 dots) in the top right of the page and select Refund from the drop-down options.
- Select the Refund type from the drop-down menu:
- Refund booking items enables you to select specific booking items to refund.
- Refund amount enables you to refund a custom value. Refunding a past booking will force booking cancellation to correctly update revenue data.
- Select Continue.
- Under Refund payment, select your Refund method from the drop-down list. We recommend using the same method as the original purchase:
- Credit card - For supported payment gateways, you can refund directly back to the guest's card (see Refund online payments below). For other payment gateways, it is recommended to add in the Payment gateway ID.
- Bank transfer
- Gift card (see the section Issue refunds to new or existing gift cards below)
- Add a Note describing the reason for the refund.
- Once you have confirmed the total value of the refund, select Refund.
Refund online payments
Payments via ROLLER Payments, Adyen and WorldPay
You can refund an online transaction received from an integrated partner such as ROLLER Payments, Adyen or Worldpay directly to the cardholder's account.
- In the Refund payment pop-up modal (see step 5 above) select Credit card from the refund method dropdown list
- Under Refund via gateway (Adyen/Worldpay) select the transaction $XX.XX (ref) as shown below:
- Confirm the refund amount and click Refund
This action will issue the refund to the card that was used to process the original transaction. For more information, refer to Refund Adyen and WorldPay credit card payments in Venue Manager.
Payments via other payment gateways
For existing customers using other payment gateways, refunding a credit card will not refund the guest. This action will only mark the booking as refunded for reporting purposes. Guests will still require to be refunded manually from within the payment gateway's portal. To learn more about refunding from the payment gateways portal, select the links below:
- Issuing a refund (Braintree)
- Issuing a refund (BPoint)
- Issuing a refund (Windcave)
- Issuing a refund (SagePay)
Once the refund has been processed in the payment gateway's portal, process the refund in Venue Manager following the steps listed above (see the section Issuing a refund through Venue Manager).
Issue refunds to new or existing gift cards
You can issue refunds to new or existing gift cards.
|Issue refund to new gift card||Ensure your venue has enabled issuing refunds to new gift cards.
Note: Booking holder details are required for refunds to digital gift card.
|Issue refund to existing gift card||If the gift card has expired, the refund will be applied but is unusable without an extension of the expiry date.|
View a refund
View refunds in the booking activity stream
In Venue Manager, the refund will be included in the booking activity stream.
View refunds in reports
Refunds are listed in reports including Refunds by staff export and Detailed transactions report.