ROLLER Playground is a demo environment of your platform that allows you to experiment, test, train staff and familiarise yourself with the system
Set up or reset Playground
Only Admins will be able to do this. When Playground is first activated for the platform, or if Playground needs to be reset, follow these steps:
If you have Playground already set, this will clear the current set up to match what is in the current platform or remove all test data.
1. Navigate to Settings > Account Details
2. Click on 'Update Playground', wait a few minutes before logging in. You can login straight from this page or your user profile (see the next section for this)
1. Staff with VM access are always able to access Playground via their user profile, click this in the top right corner and select 'Go to playground'. POS Users, or staff with only access to POS, will need the direct URL to login to POS Playground: https://playground-pos.rollerdigital.com/
2. This will navigate to the Playground environment and prompt you to log in. The banner up top will always display 'Playground mode - Not live' to remind you of which environment you are in
3. After logging in, a pop up will welcome you to playground mode and users can use Playground similar to your normal platform to:
- test product configurations
- trial checkout configurations
- put through test bookings
- train other employees such as POS operators
When taking payments via Playground, whether by Venue Manager Admin or Checkouts, it'll automatically populate test Credit Card credentials:
4. To return to the Live platform, Click on the user profile in the top right, anytime you want to return to the ROLLER platform and select 'Back to live'