Set the default assignment of tips
Tips are automatically assigned according to the default tipping option selected in global POS tipping settings in Venue Manager: the staff member logged-in at POS or a general tipping pool.
If you're using the upgraded POS, you'll also be able to automatically assign tips to the booking host (eg the party host for a booking). To do this, you'll need to:
- Add the booking host to the booking.
- Set the default tipping settings to go to the booking host. If there is no booking host assigned to a booking, it will go to the logged-in staff member.
Add and assign a tip
Adding and assigning tips at the point of sale (POS) is a simple process:
- From POS, search for and select the booking.
- Select Tip at the bottom of the booking page.
- Choose the tip payment method.
- Enter a custom amount or select a preset tip percentage that the guest wants to tip.
- The tip is automatically assigned according to what you've set up for the default allocation of tips above.
Assign the tip differently
If you want to allocate the tip to a different staff member or contribute it to the general tipping pool, you have the option to do so from POS.
From the POS tipping panel, you can:
- Search for and select another staff member. If the team member does not have a ROLLER account, you can add a note with their details.
- Choose the general pool to assign the tip to. The general pool appears at the top of the list.
Finally, select Pay to process the tip and any amount owing for the booking. Note that once you select Pay, you can no longer change the staff member the tip is assigned to.
Report on tip assignment
You can report on the assignment of tips and any notes added in the Staff Gratuity report.