This article shows you how to search for bookings and redeem tickets in POS. With ROLLER POS, you can:
- Easily search for bookings in POS to pull up guest booking details.
- Personalize the guest experience by viewing additional guest information in POS with forms.
- Quickly and easily redeem tickets.
- If required, attach waivers and print tickets.
- Speed up the check in process using bulk actions and mass redemptions for large groups.
In this article:
Watch the video for a quick walkthrough of how to search for bookings and redeem tickets in ROLLER.
Search for bookings
From the search panel in POS, you can search for existing bookings, gift cards, memberships, tabs, cashless cards or wallets.
To search for existing bookings in POS:
- Click the Search menu in the top-left corner. By default, the Bookings tab in the top menu is selected.
You can also select and search for gift cards, members, tabs, cards or wallets by selecting the relevant tab in the top menu. Depending on your plan, you may only see a few of these options.
- Enter your search terms. You can search for bookings by name, email, phone number or booking ID number.
You can use a barcode scanner to quickly scan the QR code in a guest's booking confirmation email or ticket to automatically bring up the booking/ticket.
- On the left-side panel, you'll see the booking summary details including:
Any existing tickets, memberships and/or other products added to the booking.
Forms can be used to capture a wide range of additional information from guests during the online checkout process (eg party guest names and dietary requirements).
If the booking is linked to any forms, they are listed under Forms:
You can view forms at POS and add or edit them in Venue Manager.
Name, phone number and email of the booking owner if already completed during the purchasing process. You can also add and edit these details.
Any resources (the areas in your venue) for the booking. This can help you direct your guests to the right place!
From the booking summary panel, you can also:
Click to add more items to the booking (eg ticket, food and beverage or another product type).
Click to upgrade/downgrade a membership or upgrade a ticket to a membership. Select the membership product in the right-side flyout panel.
Learn more about how to:
View, add or edit a note in POS.
Redeem tickets in POS
In the main booking details panel, you'll see a list of product tickets for the booking. To redeem tickets:
- Click the tick icon for a ticket to redeem each ticket individually. A green tick indicates the ticket has been redeemed.
Or, you can perform a bulk check-in for bookings with multiple items. Click the Select all checkbox, then click the blue tick icon at the top right of the page.
- For some tickets purchased online, you may be required to assign a waiver to it before you can redeem it:
- To assign a waiver, click the pen icon and search for and select the waiver to assign to the ticket.
- To remove a waiver, select the ticket, click the blue options menu (three dots) on the top right and select Remove waiver.
If the POS device setting Automatic check-in when waivers are attached is enabled, attaching a waiver to a ticket will automatically check in the ticket. This improves the speed of service at POS.
- If you're required to print a ticket:
- Click the print icon to open a pop-up.
- Select whether to print itemised or master tickets.
To use this feature, enable the Print tickets toggle in device settings.
Perform bulk actions
Rather than checking in each ticket one by one, you can perform bulk actions.
Check multiple tickets or Select All checkbox at the top of the screen and perform the following bulk actions:
- Click the blue options menu (three dots) to remove waivers, reprint tickets and undo check-ins.
- Click the blue print icon to print tickets in bulk.
- Click the check-in icon (blue tick) to check-in all tickets selected.
Redeem tickets for large groups
Use the Mass redemption function to simplify ticket redemptions for large groups. When enabled, staff can check in batches of tickets at one time, rather than individually.
Configure mass ticket redemption settings
The mass redemption setting can be configured per POS device or POS template.
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Point of sale > Devices. Select the POS device or template you wish to configure.
- Enable the Allow mass ticket redemption toggle.
- Enter a quantity in the field Minimum tickets to qualify for mass redemption. The mass redemption feature will be displayed in POS for any booking that meets the minimum quantity.
- Click Save.
Use mass ticket redemption
- From POS, open a booking that meets the minimum quantity of tickets for mass redemption.
- Click the Manage redemptions button on the top right.
- Enter in the number of tickets you are redeeming.
- Click confirm redemptions.
You can click into the manage redemptions area as many times as required to add or remove redemptions.