Our forms feature is a powerful tool to capture and record in ROLLER additional guest data during the online checkout process and guest enquiries from your website.
At POS, forms can be used to personalize guest experiences. When checking in party guests, you can quickly and easily view the form in POS and wish the guest of honor a happy birthday! Greeting guests by name, confirming their dietary requirements and their booking details helps you to make guests feel valued and return to your business.
Create a form
Watch the video to see how to build your form with different types form fields. Then review the detailed instructions below.
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Documents > Forms > Create Form.
- From the Build tab, select the type of field Basic building blocks or Predefined inputs you want to use:
Basic building blocks are standard form elements for simple forms:
- Multi-line textbox
- Rich text
- Drop-down lists
- Radio buttons
- Checkbox list
- Date element
Predefined inputs are used to connect data captured in forms to fields already in ROLLER:
- Full name
- First name
- Last name
- Booking name
- Booking comments
- Booking date
- Expected booking date
- Event details
- Ticket holder
- Address - this is linked to Google Maps search address recognition
- Company name
- Company code
- Waiver identification
- Product meta
- Add fields to your form. Select the basic building block or predefined form field you want and it is added to your form.
- Drag and drop form field to rearrange the order.
By clicking the field in your form you can adjust the following:
- Label (name of the field)
- Required - make the field mandatory
- Description or instruction text for the question
- Max length - the maximum amount of characters that can be entered or uploaded
- Placeholder text - Example text that appears in the textbox
- Accepts multiple answers
- Admin only - the field is accessible by staff in Venue Manager
- Page (waiver kiosk only) - In Waiver Kiosk you can make form questions appear one after the other by using different page numbers
- Databinding - Bind the question response to an attribute e.g. First name, so you can create or map to existing users
- Conditional - Only show this question when another question has or does not have a particular response
Create answer options for guests to choose from (value sets)
Watch the video to see how you can create answer options for guests to choose from (labelled Value Set in ROLLER) for the following questions types: drop-down list, radio buttons and checkbox items.
To create a value set:
- Click your form and select Customise.
- Click Create Value Set (or edit Value Set if you want to edit an existing value set).
- Give your value set a Name.
- Click the Add (+ button) to add an answer/option.
- Click the Delete button (trash icon) if you want to remove it.
- Click Add fields.
- Select the type of field you want to add it to: basic building blocks or predefined inputs
- Click the field in the form.
- Select the value set from the drop-down menu.
You can make this required and/or accept multiple options.
Customize a form
Click the form and click the Customize tab at the top of the form builder.
From here you can:
- Change the Name (this is not customer facing name)
- Set a Title and Description
- Set a Closing date (optional)
Please note that it is mandatory to set the Type of form. Select from the following options:
- Enquiry (goes to inbox) - feeds into your ROLLER inbox and requires data binding the following fields: Name, Email, Mobile - these are mandatory in this type of form
- Consumer Widget Additional Details - additional details to be collected during the online checkout
- Waiver - this allows you to capture additional details in the waiver
Note that the Membership form type is no longer supported.
- Column Layout
- Show in checkout - please ensure to toggle this to On if this form is to show up in the online checkout for guests to complete when buying online
- Include a link to this form in confirmation emails should be activated if the form link is to be displayed in the confirmation email
Preview or publish your form
To preview your form, click the Design tab at the top of the form builder to preview what your form looks like and may some styling changes.
To publish your form:
- Click the Publish tab > Share form to copy its unique URL to add to your website or an email for guests to complete.
- Click the Publish tab > Embed in a web page to copy the HTML code to put where the form should appear on your website.