Tips give your guests the opportunity to thank you for your great service. This article shows you how to add and assign tips in POS.
Add and assign a tip
- From POS, search for and select the booking.
- Click the Tip button at the bottom of the booking page.
- Select the tip payment method.
- Enter a custom amount, or click a preset tip percentage that the guest wants to tip.
These percentages are set up or changed in your global POS tipping settings.
- By default, the tip is assigned to who you have selected in your global POS tipping settings (logged in user or general tipping pool).
To assign the tip to another staff member or tipping pool, you can:
- Search for and select another staff member.
- Select the general pool to assign the tip to. The general pool appears at the top of the list.
- If the team member does not have a ROLLER account, add a note with their details.
Tip assignments and notes appear in the Staff Gratuity report.
- Click Pay to process the tip and any amount owing for the booking.
Once you click Pay, you can no longer change who the tip is assigned to.