This article is strictly for clients that utilize Adyen and WorldPay (Vantiv) as a Payment Gateway.
A user must be a Manager permission level (or higher) or have a Manager's code to be able to refund a customer. ROLLER refunds provide the functionality to refund the customer a specified sum of money up to the total booking cost.
- In the Venue Manager, search for the booking that requires a refund
- In the booking, click the More button in the top right corner and select Refund from the options
- Select Credit Card as the refund method on the pop-up modal
- Select the option with the booking total and payment gateway ID. If you do not select this option, you will need to state the payment gateway ID and refund from the payment gateway directly - please see this article
Please note, you can only refund Online or Venue Manager transactions through the Venue Manager. POS transactions would have to be refunded on POS. If you are using WorldPay as your payment gateway, a warning message will be shown to let you know that you cannot refund transactions older than 45 days
- Leave a note as to why a refund was required (optional but recommended)
- Adjust the refund amount if it's partial or check the tick box Refund and cancel booking to automatically cancel the booking. If the refund is only partial, an amount owing will be displayed and you'll need to remove the refunded product/ticket to remove the amount owing
Note that cancelling a booking is not an action you can reverse
- Click Save & Reserve