Logging credit card refunds through VM
A user must be a Manager permission level (or higher) or have a Manager's code to be able to refund a customer. ROLLER refunds provide the functionality to refund the customer a specified sum of money up to the total booking cost.
1. Search for the booking that requires a refund
2. In the booking, click the more button in the top right corner and select Refund from the options
3. Select Credit Card as the Refund method on the pop-up modal
4. Under Refund via Adyen, select the option with the booking total and payment gateway ID. If you do not select this option, you will need to state the payment gateway ID and refund from the payment gateway directly - please see this article
Please note: You can only refund Online or Venue Manager transactions through VM. POS transactions instead would have to be refunded either on POS (card present), or through the two-steps process shown in this article (card not present). On a side note, because of fraudulent online activities it is never recommended to refund a card present transaction through a card-not-present process.
5. Optional but recommended: leave a note as to why a refund was required
6. Adjust the refund amount if it's partial or check the tick box 'Refund and cancel booking' to automatically cancel the booking