The ROLLER Campaign Monitor integration allows venues to push ROLLER segments to Campaign Monitor. This article provides an introduction to creating lists in Campaign Monitor, linking these to segments in your ROLLER account, and how to sync guest data to Campaign Monitor.
Getting started with Campaign Monitor integration
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Under Campaign Monitor enter the API Key and Client ID.
Create a list in Campaign Monitor
- Login to your Campaign Monitor account.
- Click the List & Subscribers tab.
- Click the Create a new list button in the right-hand side column.
- Give the list a name and choose from Single opt-in (no confirmation is required) or Confirmed opt-in (confirmation is required).
- For clients under GDPR select Confirmed opt-in.
- Click Custom fields.
- Add all the custom fields you wish to capture and set the data type. You only need to add the custom fields if you plan on using that data for email campaigns.
Below is an overview of all the custom fields you can capture in your lists and their corresponding data type:
- Booking Date - this will update with the most recent booking date made on the platform.
- Last Visit Date - this will update with the most recent check-in from POS
- Date of Birth
- Booking Status - this will update with the most recent booking made on the platform
- Booking Value - this will update with the most recent booking made on the platform
- Booking ID - this will update with the most recent booking made on the platform
Each custom field will now display under Your existing fields.
From here you have the following options:
- Check Visible to make the field visible on sign up forms (highly recommended).
- Check Required if you want to make this field mandatory on sign up forms.
- Click and drag the tab (3 horizontal lines) to move the position of the fields.
- Hover over the fields to reveal the delete icon.
Link your Campaign Monitor list to a ROLLER Segment
Make sure you've already created a segment.
- In Venue Manager, go to Guests > Segmentation > Segments.
- Find the segment you're looking to link to Campaign Monitor > Click the 3 dots on the right hand side.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down to Campaign Monitor integration > check Campaign Monitor.
- Choose how you want ROLLER to sync/push data from this segment to Campaign Monitor.
- Select which Campaign Monitor list you want to link the segment to.
- Map the Campaign Monitor fields with the associated ROLLER fields. NOTE: Only fields that were added as custom fields during the step Create a list in Campaign Monitor will display.
- Once complete, click Save.
It's important to remember that only guests that opt-in to marketing through ROLLER will sync across to Campaign Monitor.
If you want to create a segment that pushes guests who haven't opted-in please log a support ticket.
How to manually sync your segments to Campaign Monitor
- Go to Guests > Segmentation > Segments
- Find the segment you want sync > Click more (3 dot icon) > Sync all integrations