Stock periods give you control over the days and times party package add-ons, such as party decorations or specific food and drinks, are available for guests to purchase when booking online. This enhances the guest experience and can boost revenue.
For example, you can offer these extras only when the third-party suppliers for the product are open and able to provide the product or services for the party. Or, you can entice guests to buy suitable food, drinks or merchandise for party sessions at specific times of the day.
How it works
- Begin by creating a stock period where you choose the days and times to offer add-ons for party packages. Read on below to learn how.
- Next, add a restricted add-on in the party package product settings. Add the stock period, then assign the product(s) you want to the stock period.
- Then, when guests add the party package to their cart, the product(s) will be offered as additional upsell items when the stock period availability matches with a session start time the guest selects.
- These restricted add-ons will appear along with any standard add-ons (offered for all sessions) that you've assigned to the party package product.
Create a stock period
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Stock.
- Select Create period.
- Add a title for the stock period (eg Artful decorations).
- The description will be autofilled by the hours you set below. You can change this description if you like.
- Add the hours of availability for each day of the week. These hours are not subject to venue operating hours.
- Select the icon if the item is not available on any day of the week.
- Save the stock period.
Add restricted add-ons to the party package using the stock period
For add-ons to appear in the checkout at the times defined in the stock period, you need to add the stock period and assign any products to it in the party package product add-on settings.
From within the party package product settings, go to Additional options > Add-ons > Restricted add-ons. Then add the stock period you've created, and assign the products you want to be available at the times set in the stock period.
When guests add the party package to their cart, the restricted add-ons will be offered as additional upsell items when the stock period availability matches with a session start time the guest selects.
Set where the restricted add-ons appear in the checkout
For the restricted add-ons to appear alongside the party package in the online checkout, you'll need to configure where you want them to appear.
From the Products tab in the checkout settings, toggle on the switches for the product details page and/or the dedicated add-ons page. Learn more
Manage stock periods
- Edit: Select the stock period card to edit its name, description or the hours of availability in the right-side panel, then select Save.
- Delete: You can only remove stock periods that haven't been linked to any products. Select the stock period card, then select the options menu (3 dots) in the right-side panel next to its name. Select Delete stock period.