Modifiers allow you to apply customisable options to products or stock items such as adding milk & sugar to a coffee or extra toppings for burgers.
This article outlines how to create and edit modifiers.
Pro feature & above
Add options for guests to choose extra cheese or no anchovies for your stock products. To unlock with a Pro plan or above, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Stock > Modifiers.
- Select Create modifier.
- Give your Modifier group a name (eg Coffee)
- Name the individual modifier (eg Sugar)
- Price (optional) - you can choose between $ (dollar) or % (percentage). If there is no additional cost, leave it at 0.
- Is required - select this option if this modifier is mandatory if the stock item with the modifier is to be sold online. When this option is selected, you can see the cost of the modifier in the cart added to the stock item.
- Select Add modifier to add another modifier.
Select Delete (trash icon) to remove a modifier. Note that once you have sold a modifier, you cannot delete it from the product.
- Link the modifiers to a product:
- From Apply to products, type the name of the product that the modifier group should apply to and select it from the dropdown.
- You can remove a stock item by clicking the delete button (trash icon). If you want the modifier to apply only to stock, click the stock only checkbox.
- Select Save to add your modifier. Once you've saved the modifier, you can't delete it.
To edit a modifier, select the options menu (3 dots), then select edit. This opens your modifier so you can make changes. Remember to select Save if you make any updates.