You can adjust the tax rate and transaction fees for purchases at your venue. Transaction fees are for online bookings via the online checkout or Venue Manager only. They do not include transactions made in person at POS.
When editing taxes and fees, don't forget to select Unlock to make changes at the top right.
- Go to Settings > Account > Tax & Fees.
- Select Unlock to make changes in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Add tax. Add as many rates as required.
One rate must be selected as the default. This will be applied by default to all new products (Note: you can then override the tax rate used at an individual product or ticket level).
You can also choose to show or hide the tax line item on receipts and invoices. Tick or untick the Hide tax labels on receipts and invoice option to do so.
- If you want guests to pay online transaction fees:
- Select Guest pays fees.
- Enter either a fixed price fee per transaction (eg $2.00 added to transaction) or a percentage (eg 0.05% added to transaction) of the booking total.
Fees are added as a new line item for all bookings made online via the online checkout or Venue Manager. They do not apply to bookings made at your venue via POS.
- Select Save.
Your online payment gateway will be charging you fees per transaction. It’s your choice whether you would like to absorb these fees to encourage guests to purchase online (keep in mind that guests who purchase online often spend more) or pass them back to your guests at the time of purchase online.