The Gift Card Sales report shows the amount of gift card sales within a selected date range and aggregated total per gift card denomination per date. The date filter is based on the date the transaction is made.
What is this report used for?
Use this report is to see the total sales per gift card value by date for the selected date range. You can use this information to track gift card sales for specific periods for reporting and tax purposes.
Summary metrics at the top of the grid will display the total value of gift cards and the total discounts applied.
What data can you see?
The columns available are:
- Purchase Date - the date for which the sales occurred
- Quantity - numbers of gift cards sold
- Gift Card Value - the total combined value of all gift cards sold on this date
- Discounts - value of discounts which includes complimentary amounts for gift cards
How do you adjust the report?
Use the date filter to select the date, date range or time period you want to run the report for, then select Apply Filters. This filter allows you to see the transactional value within a set date range:
- On - choose a specific date
- Between - allows you to select on the calendar
- Within the last... - lets you allocate a number to Day, Week, Month or Year
The Total gift card value and Total discount summary will update accordingly, you can also sort each column in Ascending and Descending order
Frequently asked questions
How is this report different to the View Gift Cards page in Venue Manager?
This report is very similar to the View Gift Cards page and brings in the same data. However, this report allows you to filter to specific dates as opposed to showing all records of the Gift Card sales. It also allows you to get the total sales amount for that period.