The Cost of Goods report shows the sales and associated costs of stock items for your venue. The reported figures are based on the date that sales of stock items occur, regardless of if they are part of bookings for future or past dates.
Only stock products with an assigned cost of goods are shown on the report.
What is this report used for?
Use this report to see the value of sales of stock items and the associated cost of sales to the business. This can provide the overall profit margin for each product.
Assign the cost of goods for your stock products
To use this report, you must assign the cost of goods to each individual variation under the advanced settings for a stock product.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Stock.
- Search for and select the stock product you want to assign the cost of goods to.
- Select the options menu (3 dots) for each individual variation to open its advanced settings.
- Enter the cost in the Cost of Goods field.
- Select Save.
If a product has been sold for different costs within the selected date range, individual rows are reflected for that product for each different cost of sales.
How do I run the report?
The Cost of Goods report is located in the Sales section of the All reports page in ROLLER.
- From Venue Manager, go to Reports > All reports.
- Search for and select the Cost of Goods report.
Filter the report results
You can filter the report to view results for a specific day, date or date range using the date selector at the top of the page.
- Select the day, date or date range you want to run the report for.
- Click Apply.
You can also filter by:
- Booking location (eg POS, online checkout or Venue Manager)
- Booking device (eg the device used in venue)
- Product (eg individual stock products or stock product categories)
What data can I see?
|Product||The name of the stock product that was sold|
|Quantity Sold ($)||The quantity of that stock product sold within the date range|
|Unit Cost ($)||The sale price of the stock product|
|Funds Received ($)||The amount of money received for sales of the stock product at the cost of goods on each row. This amount does not include gift card redemptions|
|Discounts ($)||The value of discounts applied to those sales|
|Gift Cards Redeemed ($)||The value of gift card redemptions for sales of the stock product at the cost of goods on each row|
|Unit Cost of Goods ($)||The cost of goods associated with one unit of the stock product|
|Total Cost of Goods ($)||The total cost of goods for that product at the cost of goods on the row. This would be Quantity Sold x Unit Cost of Goods|
Frequently asked questions
Only sales made with a cost of goods assigned at the time is reflected in the report.