This article shows you how to restart ROLLER Connect Legacy and what to do if restarting does not resolve your issue.
What is ROLLER Connect?
ROLLER Connect is a background application installed on your POS device to connect your POS computer with your receipt printers & integrated card terminals.
ROLLER Connect is responsible for:
- Formatting your receipts correctly
- Printing your receipts automatically (if configured)
- Automatically connecting with your integrated card terminal to process payments
- Sending a production docket to your nominated printer (if configured)
- Printing your sticker or wristband tickets with the correct format (if configured)
When should I restart ROLLER Connect Legacy?
- If you have a red symbol at the top of your POS saying ROLLER Connect is offline
- If the Google Chrome print popup appears when printing receipts and you have the Use ROLLER Print Service setting toggled to Yes within POS > More > Settings > Hardware
- If your integrated payment terminals aren't working as expected.
How do I restart ROLLER Connect Legacy?
- Close any open Google Chrome browser windows.
- Exit from ROLLER Connect:
- Open the task tray (upwards facing arrow button) on the taskbar.
- If you can see a ROLLER logo, right-click the logo and click Exit.
- If you can't see a ROLLER logo, proceed to step 3
- Find the ROLLER Connect icon on the desktop then right-click & select Run as administrator
- Reopen ROLLER POS in a new Google Chrome browser
In most cases, restarting ROLLER Connect Legacy in this way resolves the issue.
To restart ROLLER Connect Windows Service, contact the ROLLER support team.
What do I do if restarting ROLLER Connect does not work?
If restarting ROLLER Connect does not resolve your issue, send the ROLLER Connect log files to our support team as soon as possible.
To collect the logs, do the following:
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ROLLER
- Right-click the Logs folder and select Send to and then Compressed (zipped) folder
- Attach the zipped file to your support request for our support team to investigate
It's important to collect and send the log files to the support team without delay. ROLLER Connect logs are only stored in this folder for a maximum of 7 days. Depending on how much activity there is on your POS, the logs are stored for a shorter period.