This article shows you how to restart ROLLER Connect Legacy and what to do if restarting does not resolve your issue.
What is ROLLER Connect?
ROLLER Connect is a background application installed on a POS device to connect your POS computer with receipt printers. When you're using production management for print management at your venue, you do NOT require ROLLER Connect since it connects POS and printers over a direct browser connection.
ROLLER Connect allows you to:
- Format your receipts correctly
- Print your receipts automatically (if configured)
- Send a production docket to your nominated printer (if configured)
- Print your sticker or wristband tickets with the correct format (if configured)
When should I restart ROLLER Connect Legacy?
- If you have a red symbol at the top of your POS saying ROLLER Connect is offline
- If the Google Chrome print popup appears when printing receipts and you have the Use ROLLER Print Service setting toggled to Yes within POS > More > Settings > Hardware
How do I restart ROLLER Connect Legacy?
- Close any open Google Chrome browser windows.
- First, exit from ROLLER Connect:
- Open the task tray (upwards facing arrow button) on the taskbar.
- If you can see a ROLLER logo, right-click the logo and click Exit.
- If you can't see a ROLLER logo, continue with step 3.
- Find the ROLLER Connect icon on your desktop, then right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Reopen ROLLER POS in a new Google Chrome browser.
In most cases, restarting ROLLER Connect Legacy in this way resolves the issue.
To restart ROLLER Connect Windows Service, contact the ROLLER support team.
What do I do if restarting ROLLER Connect Legacy does not work?
If restarting ROLLER Connect does not resolve your issue, send the ROLLER Connect log files to our support team as soon as possible.
To collect the logs, do the following:
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ROLLER
- Right-click the Logs folder and select Send to and then Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Attach the zipped file to your support request for our support team to investigate.
It's important to collect and send the log files to the support team without delay. ROLLER Connect logs are only stored in this folder for a maximum of 7 days. Depending on how much activity there is on your POS, the logs may be stored for a shorter period.