The incomplete payments functionality has been created as an interim workaround solution for when connections to Payment Gateways timeout during the transactions process on online checkouts.
In this article:
In the rare situations where there is a dropout in connectivity with the payment gateway during the online checkout transaction process, this may result in:
- ROLLER not receiving communication from the payment gateway that the payment was confirmed and successful
- Results in the booking stay in draft mode, and/or
- Confirmation email is not sent out.
We work closely with our payment gateway partners to minimise the above scenarios from occurring. If this were to occur, guests may contact your venue because they did not receive a confirmation email but had money deducted from their account by your selected payment gateway and you may be unable to find the booking that corresponds with the payment. In the unlikely event that this should occur, please follow these steps:
Check payment gateway portal
You will first need to confirm if indeed you have received this guest's payment, search for it with the following details from the guest:
- Booking Name
- Email address
- Date and time of payment
- Amount Paid
- Credit card type and/or last 4 digits of their card
Once you have confirmed this, head to your ROLLER account.
Manage incomplete payments
- Navigate to Bookings > All Bookings.
- Click the 3 dots on the top right hand corner of the screen > select Incomplete Payments.
You can filter by payment date or search using the guest's email address.
Once you have found the booking or transaction in question, you can click into the booking details view and manage your booking including to update order items, confirm payment and re-send booking confirmation emails