This article shows you how to update the credit card details of a recurring membership.
In this article:
Recurring payment rules
- When updating a members' credit card, a $0 authorization will be performed. In addition, any outstanding payment in arrears will be collected
- The member's future recurring payments will continue to transact on the membership anniversary date. For example, if the membership was purchased on the 12th of June yet updated on the 25th of June the next payment will still be on the same date for the following month, the 12th of July in this example
- To learn about the failed recurring payment process, see Managing recurring membership payments.
Update in POS
- Find the membership by selecting the Search option from the menu bar and typing in the membership holder's name or membership number and selecting the membership from the results
- This will display the membership details page and a notification will be displayed if the membership is currently suspended due to a payment failure
- Click the Update payment details button at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Enter the new card details in the payment window
Update in Venue Manager
- Find the membership - view this article for help on searching for members
- Click the Payments tab
- Click the Update payment details and a pop up will appear, allowing you to enter the new credit card details
- Enter the new card details in the following window. This window will change dependent on the payment gateway your venue is integrated with