Booking agreements require your guests to read and accept terms and conditions digitally before purchasing and redeeming recurring payment memberships.
Booking agreements enable you to:
- Protect your repeatable, recurring membership revenue
- Say goodbye to your paper-based membership systems
- Speed up the membership registration process
- Easily access completed agreements linked to the membership record in ROLLER
- Review terms and send copies to guests when requested or if disputes arise
This article shows you how to create and edit a booking agreement in Venue Manager.
Booking agreements are currently in beta and available on the Premium plan. To gain access, contact your account manager or our support team.Learn more
Requirements to use booking agreements include the following:
Booking agreements are used for recurring payment memberships (not fixed-price memberships).
You must enable the following advanced settings within each membership product that requires the booking agreement:
- Booking agreements - you need to first create your booking agreement to select it from the drop-down and save this setting
- Ticket holder name captured during checkout
How does it work?
- Send the guest a link to complete their booking agreement via text/SMS or email (if using text/SMS, fees apply), or
- Direct guests to complete the agreement on the POS screen.
Create a booking agreement
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Booking agreements
- Click Create a booking agreement
- Complete the following required fields:
- Enter the name of the booking agreement (eg 'Membership Agreement')
- Terms and conditions
- Enter the membership product's terms and conditions.
- Checkbox label
- Update the default label displayed to guests to accept the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- (Optional) Edit or add custom fields for your guests to complete:
- Click Edit form
- Click Save and continue
- The Edit forms page appears with two default fields: Item details and the checkbox that displays for guests to accept the terms and conditions
- Edit the default fields or add any fields for additional guest data or requirements (eg additional checkboxes or a signature field).
Refer to the guide Create forms to capture additional guest data to learn more.
- From the products drop-down menu, select which membership products require a booking agreement to be completed by guests.
- Click Save changes.
Edit a booking agreement
Only one booking agreement can exist for a venue. To create a new version of the booking agreement, you can edit the existing agreement. Changes do not update previously signed versions of the booking agreement.
To edit a booking agreement:
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Booking agreement
- Click the options menu to the right of the agreement.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Make any changes to the agreement Name, Terms and conditions, Checkbox label, Custom fields or assigned Products.
- Click Save changes.
Delete a booking agreement
To delete a booking agreement and create a new agreement from scratch:
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Booking agreements.
- Click the options menu to the right of the booking agreement, then select Delete from the drop-down.
- Confirm you want to delete the booking agreement.
Deleting a booking agreement does not affect previously signed booking agreements. You can still view and download these agreements.