In this article, learn how you can upgrade or downgrade a membership item in POS and view the change from Venue Manager.
You can learn how to upgrade from a non-membership product to a membership product here.
Upgrade or downgrade membership at POS
- Search for the membership holder's name in POS
- On the left-hand side panel, click the Upgrade items option
- A pop-up panel will appear on the right-hand side. Click on the membership item you would like to upgrade or downgrade
- Select the new membership product the guest would like to purchase and click Upgrade item.
Note that this will create a new booking with the new membership product. The old membership product will be cancelled automatically
If the guest is purchasing a higher tier membership, the guest is charged a one-off pro-rata fee immediately.
- If this is a recurring membership, at the next billing cycle, the guest is charged the higher membership fee.
- If the guest is purchasing a lower-tier membership, the guest will receive a credit for the next billing cycle if a recurring membership is purchased. If a non-recurring membership is purchased, the difference will need to be refunded to the guest.
Learn more about how pro-rata fees are calculated here.
View the change from Venue Manager
- Search for the membership holder's old booking number in the Venue Manager
- Go to the Items tab. You will notice that the original membership item is greyed-out and the status is listed as "Upgraded"
- Select the grayed-out item. On the right-hand side of the screen you will see the membership details
- Select the See upgraded membership option and you will be immediately taken to the new booking containing the new membership item.