Increase your revenue and membership sales with the ability to quickly and efficiently upgrade non-membership products to a membership, at POS. This article will show you how!
Pro feature and above
Offer guests the ability to upgrade their memberships at your venue with a Pro plan. To upgrade, contact your account manager or the support team.Pricing page
Configure the product to be upgradeable in Venue Manager
Before you can upgrade at POS, you will first need to configure the non-membership products that can be upgraded in Venue Manager. To do so, follow the steps below.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > All products.
- Find the product you wish to edit and select the options menu (3 dots). Then select Edit from the dropdown menu.
- Ensure Upgradeable product is checked under Advanced settings.
- Select Save.
Upgrade to a membership at POS
Once you have configured your non-membership product to be upgradable in Venue Manager, you can now upgrade this product to a membership at POS. Follow the steps below.
- When checking in the guest at POS, select the Upgrade items option on the left-hand side panel.
Note that if the booking is not linked to a booking holder, a pop-up is going to appear to prompt you to add a booking holder before you can upgrade the item to a membership.
- A panel appears on the right-hand side. Select the product you would like to upgrade to a membership.
- Select the membership the guest would like to purchase.
- Complete the transaction. If the cost of the membership is higher than the original product, a one-off pro-rata amount is charged to the guest to cover the difference.
If the cost of the membership is lower than the original item, there is no one-off amount charged and the price difference will be credited towards the next membership billing date for a recurring membership.
If a fixed-price membership is purchased and the cost is lower than the original item, you need to refund the difference.