This article will give you an overview of what each membership status means.
Membership status groupings
Membership statuses in ROLLER are categorized using the groupings listed in the table below.
|Membership is current
|Membership will become current on a future date
|Membership will be cancelled at the end of the billing period
|Recurring payment attempts have failed
|Member has cancelled their membership
|Membership has been upgraded to another membership of higher value
|Membership expiry date has passed
|Membership has been renewed and a new billing cycle started
Membership expiry dates
A membership's expiry date is related to the booking end date.
- For fixed-cost memberships the booking end date is based on the product setup.
- For recurring-payment memberships with a limited time period (ie recurring for 3 months only):
- If the setting Memberships expire after completion of billing period is set to off, the booking end date is based on the product setup and does not change based on successful payments. If the booking end date is less than the end of the billing period, the end date is the date of the last bill.
- If the setting Memberships expire after completion of billing period is set to on, the booking end date is set to what would be the date of the last bill + 1 billing period.
For example, if a membership is set to 6-monthly payments, the booking end date is after 6 months. If the membership ends up in a state where there are more payments needed to be done beyond the expiry date (due to a multi-month suspension), then the membership will still expire on the booking end date and the recurring payment will finish without the final count of payments completed.
- For indefinite-billing memberships, they will never go to an expired status regardless of booking end date. If the booking end date is less than 2 billing periods away, upon successful payment, the booking end date is set to another 2 billing periods away.
If membership has been upgraded from a non-membership product (ie session pass or standard pass), it will be treated as a new member, not a membership upgraded.