This article provides an overview of what different membership statuses mean.
The membership status is categorized as per below:
A membership expiry date relates back to the booking end date:
- For fixed cost memberships the booking end date is based on the product setup
- For recurring payment memberships with a limited time period (ie recurring for 3 months only):
- If the setting "Memberships expire after completion of billing period" is set to off, the booking end date is based on product setup and does not change based on successful payments. If the booking end date is less than the end of the billing period, the end date is the date of the last bill
- If the setting "Memberships expire after completion of billing period" is set to on, the booking end date is set to what would be the date of the last bill + 1 billing period. For example, if a membership is set to 6 monthly payment, the booking end date is after 6 months. If the membership ends up in a state where there are more payment needed to be done beyond the expiry date (due to a multi-month suspension), then the membership will still expire on the booking end date and the recurring payment will finish without the final count of payments completed
- For indefinite billing memberships, they will never go to expired status regardless of booking end date. If the booking end date is less than 2 billing period away, upon successful payment, the booking end date is set to 2 billing periods away.
If membership has been upgraded from a non-membership product (ie session pass or standard pass), it will be treated as a new member, not a membership upgraded.