This article explains how to configure and test your POS payment terminals for ROLLER Payments.
Prepare for setup
Prior to attempting to setup payment terminals, it's important that you prepare by following this guide: Prepare and check your hardware.
It is very important that these steps are completed before you set up payment terminals.
If you've purchased a payment terminal with an Ethernet connection, Ethernet cords do not come as part of the delivery and will have to be sourced separately.
Set up POS payment terminals
After you have prepared each POS station, set up each terminal using the following steps:
Step 1: Power the terminal
Power up the terminal by plugging the supplied power adapter into your power outlet, then connect it to your terminal. The payment terminal immediately boots up.
See below for a visual explanation of how to connect and setup these devices:
Step 2: Connect to the network
Connect the terminal by ethernet cable to your local area network. Ethernet is best for reliability and performance.
However, if a local area network connection is not available and WiFi is necessary:
- On the payment terminal, press Configure network on the screen.
- Select WiFi and switch the toggle to enable it.
- Select Add network and select your network from the displayed list.
- Enter the WiFi password, then press Green.
- Wait for the terminal to successfully connect, then keep selecting the Red button until you get back to the welcome screen.
If you're using a v400m device you can also connect to the internet using a cellular 4G/3G connection.
Step 3: Software update
Update the terminal software by following these steps:
- On the payment terminal, press 9 and then Green.
- Enter the passcode if requested and press Green.
To find your passcode, log in to POS, and go to More > Settings > Hardware.
- Go to Software > Update either by using the touchscreen or by pressing 2 and then Green.
- Wait for the terminal to finish installing the updates and restarting.
The terminal can take up to 1 hour to complete this process and will restart multiple times.
Step 4: Board the terminal
- On the terminal, press Board terminal on the screen.
- Check that the store location is correct, then press Confirm.
(See note below if the store location is not correct)
- Wait for the terminal to update and reboot.
This process can take up to 5 minutes. When the process is complete the terminal displays the welcome screen with the ROLLER Payments logo.
If the terminal displays the message "Cant find your store", then please stop here and contact your Training & Implementation Manager or contact ROLLER Payments Support.
Step 5: Pair the terminal with ROLLER POS
After the payment terminal is boarded, the next step is to pair it with your ROLLER POS device:
- Log in to ROLLER POS
- Click More > Settings > Device:
- Check that the computer you are using is allocated to the correct POS device profile that has previously been created in Venue Manager by checking the device name in the top left corner of this page.
- To change the POS device, scroll to the bottom of the page, select Deactivate device, then select the correct POS device from the list of options.
- Go to More > Settings > Hardware and configure the following:
- Set “Auto Print merchant copy card receipt” and “Auto Print customer copy card receipt” to Yes or No according to your preferences. Note that these card receipts are separate from the ROLLER purchase receipt.
- Set “Offline card payment?” to No.
- Set “Use ROLLER Print Service” to Yes.
- Select “Adyen cloud terminal integration serial number” and select your payment terminal from the drop-down list based on the serial number. You can find the serial on the back of the payment terminal.
- Select Save Settings.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + R to hard refresh the POS which ensures the connection to the payment terminal.
Step 6: Pair the terminal with ROLLER self-serve kiosk
If you're using self-serve kiosk, follow these steps to pair the terminal.
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Self Serve Kiosk > Devices
- Find the device you wish to integrate and select the options menu (3 dots)
- Select Edit
- Click Payment terminal
- Enter the serial number on the device of the card terminal you want to use at this SSK into the ROLLER Payments terminal identifier field
- Refresh the self-serve kiosk browser & test integration by attempting a card purchase
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for each self-serve kiosk device you want to be integrated
Test the terminal
Process a transaction followed by a refund to make sure the setup was successful:
- Create a booking and select Pay total.
- Select Card, select Pay, then follow the instructions on the payment terminal.
- When the payment is authorised, check that the relevant receipts print as per your setup in Step 5.
- Select Go to booking or select More > Activity. Then select the booking you just made
- Select Refund, then select Card.
- Select Total and Issue a credit refund.
- Wait for the refund to complete successfully.
Note that for payment terminal refunds with ROLLER Payments the customer does not need to insert or tap their card on the device. You will see a $0 transaction amount shown on the terminal as the refund is processed, regardless of the refund amount.
Once you have completed these steps for all of your payment terminals the setup is complete and you can start processing payments!