This article shows you how to log in to ROLLER POS, as well as allocate the correct POS device to your computer or tablet.
Access ROLLER POS
- Navigate to http://pos.roller.app in your Google Chrome browser.
- Alternatively, from Venue Manager navigate to Apps > Point of Sale > Launch POS.
Login using email address & password
- When you first access a POS device you may be prompted to enter your email & password.
When you first access POS, you may be prompted to select a POS device from the list. This will assign the POS device to the computer or tablet. You can only use one POS device at a time on a computer.
Log in using a POS PIN
Following the initial successful login using email and password, staff can use their POS PIN when logging in to the POS for quicker access.
Logging out of a POS device
- To log out of POS navigate to More on the bottom right corner.
- Click Settings > Log out
You can set the POS device to automatically return to the login screen after a specific period of inactivity. This can be useful as a security precaution. To configure Device Timeout:
- While logged into your POS device, navigate to More on the bottom right corner.
- Click Settings > Device
- Scroll to the bottom of the device settings list to Device Timeout (in minutes) and adjust the slider to select your preferred device timeout.
- Click Save.
Switching between staff users
To keep track of who made each sale, you can switch between users in a POS device. Transactions will be recorded as being completed by the staff member logged in when the transaction is completed. This staff member will be shown in reports such as Detailed Transactions and also on any receipts that are printed from the POS device in use.
To switch between staff:
- Navigate to More on the bottom right corner.
- Click Log out.
- The new staff member can now log into the POS device. If they have their POS PIN code set, they can use this for quick access.
When using the POS you need to ensure the computer or tablet device you're using is allocated to the correct POS device profile that has previously been created in the Venue Manager.
The device will stay allocated to the same POS device profile unless your cache is cleared or someone deallocates your POS device.
- To ensure you're allocated to the correct POS device when logged into POS click More
- Click Device
- If you're not currently allocated to any device, you'll see a full list of POS devices to choose from
- If you're already allocated to a device you'll see the name of the device you're allocated to at the top of the screen. If you want to change POS device you'll need to deallocate it.
If you can't allocate a device because it's greyed out, then you will need to deallocate the device in Venue Manager, then refresh your POS browser and try again.