This article shows you how to log in to ROLLER POS and allocate the correct POS device to your computer or tablet.
Access ROLLER POS
- Navigate to http://pos.roller.app in your Google Chrome browser.
- Alternatively, from Venue Manager navigate to Apps > Point of Sale > Launch POS.
Log in using email address & password
When you first access a POS device you may be prompted to enter your staff account email & password. This is the email address and password you set up when you first activated your account.
To successfully log in to a POS device, you must make sure that you have an active staff account with permissions to access POS.
Allocate a POS device
When you first access POS, you may be prompted to select a POS device from the list. This will assign the POS device to the computer or tablet. You can only use one POS device at a time on a computer.
Log in using a POS PIN
Following the initial successful login using email and password, staff can use their POS PIN when logging in to POS for quicker access.
Log out of a POS device
To log out of POS:
- From POS, go to More on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Settings > Log out.
You can set the POS device to automatically return to the login screen after a specific period of inactivity. This can be useful as a security precaution. To configure device timeout:
- While logged into your POS device, navigate to More on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Settings > Device
- Scroll to the bottom of the device settings list to Device Timeout (in minutes) and adjust the slider to select your preferred device timeout.
- Select Save.
Switch between staff users
To keep track of who made each sale, you can switch between users in a POS device.
Transactions will be recorded as being completed by the staff member logged in when the transaction is completed. This staff member is shown in reports such as Detailed Transactions and also on any receipts that are printed from the POS device in use.
To switch between staff:
- From POS, select More.
- Select Log out.
- The new staff member can now log into the POS device. If they have their POS PIN code set, they can use this for quick access.
Check POS allocation
When using POS, make sure that the computer or tablet device you're using is allocated to the correct POS device profile that has previously been created in Venue Manager.
The device stays allocated to the same POS device profile unless your cache is cleared or someone deallocates your POS device.
To make sure you're allocated to the correct POS device when logged into POS:
- Select More
- Select Device
- If you're not currently allocated to any device, you'll see a full list of POS devices to choose from
- If you're already allocated to a device, you'll see the name of the device you're allocated to at the top of the screen. If you want to change the POS device, you'll need to deallocate it.
If you can't allocate a device because it's grayed out, then you must deallocate the device in Venue Manager, and refresh your POS browser and try again.