Templates are a great way to save time and configure multiple POS devices at once, while maintaining consistency across all POS devices linked to the template. Templates are recommended for venues with multiple POS devices that offer the same products.
This guide walks through how to configure POS device templates to manage multiple POS devices in your venue.
Pro feature and above
Save time setting up and updating your POS devices using templates. To unlock this feature with a Pro plan, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
Create your template device settings
To create a new POS template and configure the template device settings, follow the steps below.
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Point of Sale > Templates.
- Select Create a template.
- Give the device template a unique Template name.
- Set the Device screen size. This determines the number of columns available in smart menus.
- Set the Till float. This sets the balance of the till at the start of each session.
- [Optional] Allow mass ticket redemption. Set a minimum ticket quantity to enable the mass redemption feature in POS.
Note: Mass redemption bypasses the waiver assignment and tickets can be redeemed without a waiver attached.
- Link your Print stations. Select Add print station to select which print stations this POS device should print to. Only one receipt printer can be assigned to a POS.
Create your menus
To create your device template menu, follow the steps below.
- Select Add menu.
- Enter a Menu name (eg Memberships) and select an icon from the dropdown.
- Select Add products.
- You can use the search bar to find the products you want to add your new menu, and select the ones you want to add.
- Select Done.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 for any other menus you wish to add to the template.
- Select Save.
Manage POS templates
To manage a POS template, go to Apps > Point of Sale > Templates.
Select the options menu (3 dots) at the end of the row for the relevant template. The following options will appear from the dropdown:
Opens the template settings page for you to edit your template and POS menus.
Select Unlock to edit device to make changes, then select Save once all necessary updates have been made.
Updating the menu in the template impacts all devices connected to the template.
Creates a copy of the existing template for you to modify and save.
Create device from template
Automatically creates a POS device which shares the menu setup in the template.
The POS device is linked to the template. Give the device a name that is unique and different from the template (eg Cafe 1, Front desk).
Select Save to create the device.
Removes the POS template from the list.
A pop-up will prompt you to confirm this action. Select Yes, delete to remove it.
This action cannot be reversed.