ROLLER supports wristband printing for session-based tickets via ROLLER POS. In this article, you will learn how to configure wristband printing based on session times in ROLLER POS.
Wristband printing is only available for session products and cannot be used for standard passes or packages.
- Hardware requirements
- Installing wristband printer
- Configuring wristband printing in ROLLER
- Printing wristbands in ROLLER POS
See below an example of ticket printed based on the session end time. The ticket printing is initiated from ROLLER POS and printed through a wristband printer or other alternative ticket printer.
You can connect multiple wristband printers to the same POS device if you want to print different colored wristbands for different session times.
Supported wristband printers:
- Zebra HC-100
- Zebra LP2824 Plus
To print wristbands in ROLLER POS, the wristband printer and POS station must meet ROLLER Minimum Hardware requirements.
Please note: custom development may be required to configure a wristband printer to print in ROLLER POS to your specifications.
Printing wristbands from ROLLER POS requires the following:
- Wristband printer/s installed on POS station (computer)
- 1" x 11" wristband supplies
- ROLLER Connect installed
- Print tickets enabled in POS device settings
- Wristband printing requires to be configured within Venue Manager based on session end time
Installing wristband printer
To install the wristband printer, please call your IT/ technical support representative for assistance (not ROLLER support).
Ensure you can print a test wristband before continuing to the next steps. To run a test print:
- From the Windows search menu, search for Printers & scanners.
- Take note of the printer name as you will need to use this later.
- Right-click on your wristband printer and select Manage.
- If you do not see your wristband printer listed here then you will first need to install the printer. Please call your IT/ technical support representative for assistance (not ROLLER support).
- Click Print a test page.
Configuring wristband printing in ROLLER
You can configure ROLLER to print from one one wristband printer or from multiple printers depending on the session time. Printing from multiple printers allows you to define wristband printers with different coloured wristbands. For example:
- Printer 1 has Blue wristbands. Guests with blue wristbands end their session at 10am.
- Printer 2 has Red wristbands. Guests with red wristbands end their session time at 12pm.
Enable session products to print wristbands (Venue Manager)
- In Venue Manager navigate to Products > All Products.
- Find and click on the session product you want to print wristbands for.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings.
- Select the checkbox This product uses ticket printers based on session time.
- Click Save
Repeat this process for all the session products you want to print wristbands for.
Add wristband printer and printing settings (Venue Manager)
- In Venue Manager click Settings > Printers
- Click Add Printer > under Printer Name add the name of the printer. To find the printer name:
- From the Windows search menu, search for Printers & scanners;
- Click on your wristband printer in the list of printers and click Manage.
- Click Printer properties
- Copy the name of the printer and paste it in the Printer Name field. The name is case sensitive so you will need to ensure that they match exactly.
- Under Session End Time add the end time for the session based ticket.
- A wristband ticket will be printed for each session end time added.
- If you want wristbands to print for all session times then you will need to make sure all your session end times are accounted for when configuring these settings.
If you are using 1 wristband printer for all session end times, add the same printer name for all session end times. See an example here.
If you are using multiple wristband printers for example different colored wristband printers, add the different printer name to the relevant session end time. See an example here.
If you can't see the Printers option available please submit a ticket to our support team requesting to activate session wristband printing
Configure POS Device settings (ROLLER POS)
You will need to configure configure your POS device settings at each POS station where there will be wristband ticket printing.
- Log in to ROLLER POS > click More > Settings > Device
- Toggle the Print tickets switch to Yes
- (optional) Toggle the Auto-print Tickets switch to Yes if you want wristbands to print automatically. This setting prints tickets immediately after purchase from POS when the POS operator clicks the "Go To Booking" button
- Scroll to bottom of page and click Save Settings
Repeat the above steps at each POS station where there will be wristband ticket printing.
Printing wristbands in ROLLER POS
- In ROLLER POS > find and open the booking which has a session ticket
- Click printer icon next to the ticket to print your wristband
- (optional) to print multiple wristbands at the same time, click Select All then click the blue printer icon