ROLLER's Wallet feature is a means of assigning a monetary value to a scannable object such as a swipe card or RFID fob that can be used to provide payment at a POS terminal.
This article demonstrates how to sell or top up wallets and how guests can redeem their wallet balance when completing a transaction via ROLLER POS.
Selling a Wallet
In order to sell or top up a wallet in POS, you must first create a Wallet product in Venue Manager and add the Wallet product to a POS menu.
- In POS > select the menu with the wallet product.
- Click the wallet type you want to issue:
- If you select a shared wallet you will be prompted to add the number of people sharing the wallet balance before you can proceed.
- If you're issuing a custom amount wallet, you will be prompted to manually enter a wallet balance before proceeding.
- Assign a wallet ID by scanning the object such as RFID fob or swipe card and you will be prompted to repeat this step for each guest if you're selling a shared wallet.
- The guest will need to provide the wallet ID number via an integrated scanner or manual entry in order to redeem the wallet balance.
- The ID number is typically a barcode, QR code, RFID or you can create your own.
- You can use a barcode/QR code reader or RFID scanner to enter the ID number.
- Click Pay Total > Complete the transaction in POS.
We highly recommended adding a guest record to each booking in POS so that you can easily find the wallet if a guest forgets their ID or loses their wallet.
Topping up a Wallet
To top up a wallet:
- Repeat the same steps above for Selling a Wallet.
- When you are prompted to assign a wallet ID, scan or enter the ID number of an existing Wallet.
- Select Top up Wallet > click Pay Total > Complete the transaction in POS.
Redeeming a Wallet in POS
You can redeem wallets by selecting them as a payment method during the payment process in POS.
- In POS, add the items the guest wishes to purchase in the cart.
- When all items have been added to cart, click Pay total and navigate to payment page
- Select Wallet as your payment method.
- Enter or scan the guest's wallet number.
- Tender the amount you want to redeem from the wallet balance.
- Complete the transaction.
Checking a Wallet balance, expiry & purchase history
Checking in POS
- In POS search menu, select Wallets menu option.
- Enter or scan the wallet ID or enter the guest's name if this was captured at the time of purchase.
- Click the wallet ID/guest name once it appears.
- This will show you the expiry date, remaining balance, and the purchase history for the wallet.
Guests can use a self-serve kiosk to view the balance and purchase history of their wallets. For information on configuring self-serve kiosk settings, see Create your self-serve kiosk device