This article guides you through setting up your P400 Plus card terminal for the first time.
What's in the box?
- Verifone P400 Plus device
- Ethernet dongle
- Power cable
A USB connection is not required and not supported with ROLLER Payments.
If you've unboxed your device and it's missing any of these items please raise a ticket with our support team.
Connecting your device
- Put your P400 Plus device face down and open the back by pushing your thumb down in an upwards direction
- Place the connection from the Ethernet dongle into the back of the P400 Plus device
- Place the cover back on the device
- Connect the power cable to the Ethernet dongle
- Place the power cable into the wall. The device should power on automatically if connected correctly.
- (Optional: Ethernet only) If you're planning on using a Wi-Fi connection, then step 6 and 7 are not required.
If you want to use a hard-wired Ethernet connection, place one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet dongle which is labeled Eth.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an active Ethernet switch.
Just because an Ethernet switch exists, does not mean that it's active. If you're unsure whether an Ethernet switch is active, consult your IT technician for assistance.
Once you've finished setting up your device, refer to the guide ROLLER Payments card terminal installation for help with integrating your device ready to take payments.