This guide shows you how to set up the different ways you can share digital waivers, making it easy for guests to complete and sign before participating in an activity at your venue.
If you haven't created a waiver in Venue Manager, refer to the guide Create a waiver.
Protect your venue against liability and improve the guest experience with digital waivers. To unlock the waivers add-on, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
How it works
- When a waiver is linked to your products, guests are prompted to complete the waiver after purchasing tickets in the online checkout, from a link in order confirmation emails or at any time through a link on your website.
- If your guests haven't completed their waivers before arriving at your venue, guests can sign waivers using their smartphones or a waiver kiosk, or by scanning a QR code at the venue. This streamlines the process and reduces waiting times for guests.
- All signed waivers are automatically stored with the guest record in ROLLER, making it easy for you to retrieve and check waivers have been signed when redeeming tickets at POS.
Prompted to sign waivers after purchasing online
When a guest purchases a product online, they are automatically prompted to sign a waiver once they've purchased products.
Guests can add waivers for themselves and any minors they're responsible for, or invite their guests by email or other communication channels to sign the waiver prior to arrival at the venue.
For the waiver to appear here, you must add your venue's waiver to the advanced settings for each product requiring waivers.
You can add a waiver when creating products:
- From Venue Manager, go to Products.
- Select the product type you want to create.
- Add the details, resources and ticket types for the product.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select your waiver from the drop-down.
- Select Save.
You can also add a waiver for products you've already created:
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > All products.
- Search for and select the product you want to add a waiver to.
- Scroll down to Advanced settings.
- Add or edit your waiver from the drop-down.
- Select Save.
Reminder to sign in confirmation emails
When a guest purchases a product online that requires a waiver to be completed, the order confirmation email sent includes a section to remind them to sign a waiver.
Add a waiver link to your website
From Venue Manager, you can obtain a direct link to the waiver page. This way, your guests can fill out a waiver whenever they want, even before they purchase a ticket.
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Waivers > Waiver details.
- Select Get waivers link in the top right.
- Copy the Online waivers address.
- Link to this URL from a Sign waiver button on your website.
You can also use this online waivers link if you want to send a group email to guests from a third party email tool.
By using a QR code on a poster you can allow your guests to use their own personal phones to sign the waiver while in your venue.
Learn more about improving your guest arrival flow with QR codes
With waiver kiosks, guests can easily access the waiver kiosk, review and sign the waiver, and once submitted, it's stored in ROLLER. You can then easily find any signed waivers when guest redeem their tickets at POS, speeding up the time spent in the queue.
Refer to the guide Manage the waiver kiosk to learn more about setting up a waiver kiosk.
To get the waiver kiosk link for your waiver device:
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Waivers > Waiver details
- Select Get waivers link in the top right corner
- Copy the link of the waiver kiosk address
- Paste this URL into Google Chrome on the device you're using as a waiver kiosk.
Then follow the steps in the guide Set up and lock down a waiver kiosk
If you're using self-serve kiosks, guests are prompted to sign waivers for tickets as part of the purchase flow. This will help speed up time spent at the queue when redeeming tickets. Refer to the guide Create your Self-Serve Kiosk device