- Find the Waiver functionality in ROLLER
- Set up your waiver text and additional data fields you would like to include in the waiver
- Publish your waiver
- Find the link to your waiver and your Waiver Kiosk URL
- See a sample waiver
Go to Waiver details
Hover over 'Settings', hover over the 'Waiver' option and click on 'Waiver Details'
Fill out the waiver in its entirety
Below are some sections you will need to complete to create a brand new waiver. If you have an existing waiver, click the Unlock to make changes button on the top right corner to make the fields editable:
- Name - this is the title of the waiver that the customer is going to see. We recommend using a date to be able to tell which version a customer has signed
- Require a signature - check this if you require customers to sign the waiver electronically. Not checking this box means that customers only need to click a button to complete the waiver
- Display expiry date on signed waiver - check this option you would like to show the waiver's expiry date on the document
- Valid for - type in the number of days the waiver is valid for e.g. 365 days for a year
- Minimum age to sign waiver - type in the minimum age someone is no longer considered a minor and can sign their own waiver
- Data capture and extra fields
- Capture address - ticking this box will include an address field to the waiver flow which will be saved against the customer profile, where normally only the name, email address, and phone number of the customer is captured
- Use custom form for waivers - Online waivers form
If your platform has the Forms functionality activated, you can create and attach a form to the waiver to collect additional details from the customer such as medical history
- Use custom form for waivers - Waivers kiosk form
If your platform has the Waiver Kiosks functionality activated, you can attach a form created to collect additional details when customers complete a waiver using the Waiver Kiosk
Please note: if you use the Forms functionality to capture a waiver holder's address, the address fields in the Forms will override this tickbox. If you wish to use this tickbox instead, you will need to remove the custom forms option
- Content - you can either type in the waiver text from scratch on this section or copy and paste the content of the waiver from a text file. You'll also be able to utilise all formatting options such as making the text bold, underlined, or italic; add spacing, numbering, or bullet points; and adding a link to an external website
- Checkboxes - to add checkboxes throughout the waiver, please denote the start of the clause that must be checked with "[CHECKBOX]" and end of each clause that must be checked with "[/CHECKBOX]". Example below:
[CHECKBOX] I agree to.... [/CHECKBOX]
Click Save & publish new waiver to publish the changes you made. A pop-up modal will display the following options:
- Expire all existing waivers - if the waiver has been changed immensely or there are new legal requirements, we highly recommending expiring existing waiver holders so customers have to sign again. All customers who have signed a waiver in the past will need to sign the waiver again
- Only save waiver - this will only save the updates you have made to the waiver without automatically expiring all active waivers
If you would like to cancel the changes made, click Discard.
Click Get waivers link to get the online waivers URL to add to your website and waivers kiosk URL. Note that even if the text or settings have been updated, the links will always remain the same.
Next to that is the Waiver holders button which links to the area in the Venue Manager where you can view and manage all waivers that have been signed in the past.
Example of Online Waiver: