Digital waivers are a great way to protect your venue from liability and provide a smoother and more efficient entry process. You can customize these waivers to suit your venue's specific needs and even offer them in different languages. This guide will show you how to set up a waiver in Venue Manager.
Protect your venue against liability and improve the guest experience with digital waivers. To unlock the waivers add-on, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
Watch the video to see how to create a liability waiver for your venue.
Create the waiver agreement
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Waiver > Waiver Details > Unlock to make changes.
- Name your waiver. The name shows up for guests in the online checkout or waiver kiosk.
- [Optional] Add an optional full-width image at the top of the waiver (~660 pixels wide) for key information.
- Type in your waiver details.
- [Optional] Add checkboxes to require guests to agree to the terms before signing.
- Add [CHECKBOX] at the beginning of the sentence.
- Add [/CHECKBOX] at the end of the sentence.
Add alternative language versions
Remove confusion caused by language barriers, streamline ticket redemption and improve the overall guest experience by providing alternative language versions of the waiver.
Simply create the translated content for the waiver agreement, then add the alternative language version to ROLLER.
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Waivers > Waiver details > Unlock to make changes.
- Select Add language version at the top right.
- Choose a language, then enter the waiver name and content in that language.
When guests open your waiver online, ROLLER automatically shows it in their device's language, if you've set up that language version. Guests can also choose their preferred language when signing the waiver.
Cater to multilingual guests by setting up waiver stations for different languages at your venue. For detailed setup instructions, see the Create dedicated language waiver kiosks guide.
You can delete additional language versions of the waiver agreement. Select the Delete language button at the bottom of the language version you want to remove.
Customize your waiver settings
From here, you have several options to customize your waiver settings. These settings affect how guests complete the waiver and apply to all language versions you’ve created.
|Require a signature
|Choose if you require guests to sign the waiver digitally. If it's not selected, guests click a button to complete the waiver.
|Waivers include minor(s) by default
|If enabled, when guests sign a waiver, the option to add a minor will be preselected. This makes it clearer to parents & guardians that they need to add details for both themselves and any minor(s) attending.
|Display expiry date on signed waiver
|Decide if the waiver's expiry date should be visible on the signed agreement.
|Send waiver expiry reminder email to guests
|Opt to send reminder emails to guests 2 weeks before their waiver expires.*
|Enter how many days the waiver is valid for, starting from the signing date.
|Minimum age to sign waiver
|Specify the minimum age for signing the waiver. For younger guests, a parent or guardian must complete it.
* Important: ROLLER venues have a limit of 5,000 emails per day. If you're transferring waiver data from another system and you assign the same expiry date to more than 5,000 waivers, you'll exceed this email limit and some guests won't receive reminder emails. To avoid this, spread out the expiry dates in smaller groups, like setting the same expiry date for only 4,000 waivers at a time. This ensures all guests receive their reminders.
Capture additional guest data
By default, a waiver captures the guest email, name, and age (and each minor's name and age) which is stored against the guest record in ROLLER. You can also capture additional data by using a custom form.
|When this option is selected, an address field is added for guests to complete. The address is saved against the guest record (not the signed waiver), which has the guest name, email address and phone number.
The address field does not appear if you're using a custom waiver.
|Use a custom form
|If your venue requires additional questions to be answered for your waivers, you can create a custom waiver form to collect additional details.
You must create separate forms for online waivers and waiver kiosks. Your staff can view the form information captured when redeeming tickets at POS.
Preview your waiver
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Waiver > Waiver details.
- Select Get waivers link at the top right.
- Copy the Online waivers link and paste it into a new browser tab.
- Fill out the waiver as if you're a guest to test it.
You can also add this online waiver link to a button on your website for guests to sign a wavier at anytime, or email the link to guests.
Save and publish your wavier
Once satisfied, click Save & publish new waiver to save your waiver or make any updates live.
If you're updating an existing waiver, you’ll see options to:
|Expire all existing waivers
|Use this option only if major changes or new legal requirements are in place.This means all guests who signed previously will need to sign again.
IMPORTANT: This action can't be undone and will invalidate previous waivers. All guests will need to sign a new waiver when redeeming tickets in venue.
|Only save waiver
|This updates the waiver for new guests without affecting existing waivers.
Existing signed waivers will not be expired. They also are not updated to reflect any changes.
Share your wavier with guests to sign
When the wavier is linked to a product in its settings, guests can sign waivers before their visit:
- From a link in the online checkout after product purchase.
- Via a link in the order confirmation email and waiver reminder emails.
- Via a link in sign waiver reminder emails.
You can also add a link to a "Sign waiver" button on your website for guests to sign at anytime.
At the venue, waiver signing options include:
- Waiver kiosks
- QR codes
Find out more in the guide Share your waiver with guests to learn more.
Configure settings for assigning waivers at POS
You can require that your staff assign a waiver to tickets prior to redeeming (& printing) guest tickets at POS. Find out more in the guide Configure waiver settings.
Bypass waiver completion requirement for large groups at groups
For large groups, refer to the section in the guide Search for bookings and redeem tickets at POS
View guest waiver details and agreements
All signed waivers are linked to the guest's ROLLER record. Waivers are permanently stored in ROLLER and are not deleted. Find out more in the guide Find & manage signed waivers from Venue Manager.
- Send waiver signing requests
You can send a waiver email to prompt new or existing guests to sign their waiver. Refer to the guide Send a waiver request email
- Assign waivers when redeeming tickets at POS
When redeeming tickets at POS, you can search for and link any previously signed active waivers. Refer to the guide Search for bookings and redeem tickets at POS.