If you need to temporarily reduce the capacity on a particular resource, for example, due to renovation work to a party room or maintenance of a section of the play area, you may want to use the ROLLER's Block capacity feature.
This article will show you how to block out resource capacity, as well as manage existing blocked capacity entries.
In this article:
Block out capacity
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Bookings > Blocked capacity. Alternatively, you can also block out capacity by navigating to the Daily Capacity view and following the same steps.
- Click the Block capacity button to open the block capacity flyout panel. Add in details of the block including Notes.
- Click Save when complete.
|Date||Select the date to block capacity for. When blocking out capacity using the Daily Capacity view you will need to adjust the date selector before clicking Block Capacity.|
|Resources||Choose the resource(s) to block capacity.
If you select a multi-booking resource, you will be prompted to set how much the capacity is to be reduced by.
If you select a single booking resource, it will ensure that the area cannot be booked for the selected time period.
|Start time / End time||Adjust times the block out rule applies. Selecting block out entire day will block out capacity from 12:00 am until 11:59 pm.|
|Notes||Record information or comments about why capacity has been altered.|
View and edit blocked capacity entries
To view all instances of blocked capacity, navigate to Bookings > Blocked Capacity.
This view will show you all instances of blocked capacity for all resources and you can filter this by date or resource.
Edit and delete existing blocked capacity
Find the blocked capacity within the list and click the options menu (3 dots) on the right-hand side.
- Click Edit to display the block capacity flyout panel where you can edit the date, resource, timeframe, and amount of guests (if applicable).
- Click Delete to remove the block capacity entry.
View and edit blocked capacity using the daily capacity view
To create and view blocked capacity using the daily capacity view, visit: Block capacity of resources using daily capacity view.