You can send an invoice to your customers and request for payment for a booking through ROLLER Venue Manager. This article explains how you can:
- Issue and send an invoice to your customers
- Manage an existing invoice by using the invoice activity on the booking activity stream to perform the following actions:
How to issue an invoice
- Once a booking is created, you will notice the amount owing displayed under the Owing section
- Click New Invoice. A pop-up modal will appear, where you can adjust the following settings:
- The applicable payment methods so that it appears on the invoice to the customer e.g. cash, credit card, cheque. If nothing is checked, the customer cannot see the payment options. Click here to see what payment methods can be set
- The payment required. You can set it to the full amount or a deposit (a dollar amount)
- The Payment due date
- Click Continue once you are happy with the selection. A new pop up will appear, showing the Send Payment Invoice pop up. From here there is the ability to edit, add or omit details in all text fields. Please note that changing the text here will only change the text for this email only. If you wish to adjust the text for all invoice emails, you can do so through our Template Studio functionality:
- Email address. While the default email is the booking holder's email address, you can edit it and send it to someone else
- Email subject
- Email body text which provides more information including payment methods
- Click Send Email to send the email and invoice to the customer
Any invoices that have been sent out and any booking related activities carried out such as payments can be seen in the Activity Stream. Clicking the more button for the invoice will allow carrying out actions such as canceling or marking invoice payments.
Click the more button and click Cancel Invoice to cancel an invoice attached to the booking. Please note that this action cannot be reversed. We also recommend always canceling an outstanding invoice before generating a new invoice.
Click the more button and select Mark as Paid. A pop-up modal will give options to mark the time and date as well as the payment method used to pay for the invoice.
Click the more button and select Resend. This will automatically resend the invoice to the customer and the original email address the invoice was sent to.
View invoice email
Click the more button and select View Email. This will open in a new tab to display what was originally sent to the customer.