This article will show you how to send an invoice to your guest and request payment for a booking through ROLLER Venue Manager.
In this article:
Issue and send an invoice to your customers
Manage an existing invoice by using the invoice activity on the booking activity stream to perform the following actions:
Cancel an invoice attached to a booking
Mark an invoice as paid
View the invoice and email sent to a customer
Issue an invoice
Once a booking is created, you will notice the amount owing displayed under the Owing section:
- Click New Invoice on the top right. A pop-up modal will appear, where you can adjust the following settings:
- The applicable payment methods so that it appears on the invoice to the customer, eg cash, credit card, cheque. If nothing is checked, the customer cannot see the payment options.
- The payment required. You can set it to the full amount or a deposit (a dollar amount).
- The payment due date.
- Click Continue once you are happy with the selection. A new pop up will appear, showing the Send Payment Invoice pop up. From here there is the ability to edit, add or omit details in all text fields. Note that changing the text here will only change the text for this email only. If you want to adjust the text for all invoice emails, you can do so through our Template Studio functionality:
- Email address. While the default email is the booking holder's email address, you can edit it and send it to someone else
- Email subject
- Email body text which provides more information including payment methods
- Click Send Email to send the email and invoice to the customer.
Any invoices that have been sent out and any booking related activities carried out such as payments can be seen in the Activity Stream. Clicking the more button for the invoice will allow carrying out actions such as canceling or marking invoice payments.
Click the more button and click Cancel Invoice to cancel an invoice attached to the booking. Please note that this action cannot be reversed. We also recommend always canceling an outstanding invoice before generating a new invoice.
Click the more button and select Mark as Paid. A pop-up modal will give options to mark the time and date as well as the payment method used to pay for the invoice.
Click the more button and select Resend. This will automatically resend the invoice to the customer and the original email address the invoice was sent to.
View the invoice email
Click the more button and select View Email. This will open in a new tab to display what was originally sent to the customer.