Our custom forms builder allows you to capture extra details from guests during the online checkout or through website inquiries. You can see this information in both Venue Manager and POS and use it to personalize guest interactions. Greeting guests by name, confirming their dietary requirements and their booking details makes guests feel valued and more likely to return to your business.
This guide walks you through how to create custom forms to capture additional guest data in ROLLER.
Lite & Pro feature
Create and manage one form on a Lite plan. To unlock the ability to create multiple forms with a Pro plan and above, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
What types of forms can you create?
There a four main types of forms you can create.
- Inquiry form: Add a form to your website to collect guest information. When guests submit the form, the responses go directly to your ROLLER inbox. The system also updates existing guest records with the new name, email and mobile details.
- Product form: Attach a form to a specific product for collecting extra details from guests when purchasing.
- Online checkout form: Insert a form into the checkout process to get guest agreement on a specific policy you want to emphasize.
- Waiver form: Include a form within your ROLLER waiver to capture additional details from guests.
Build a form
- From Venue Manager, go to Documents > Forms > Create form.
- From the Build tab, select the field type to add: Basic building blocks or Predefined inputs. You can add fields from both types of fields to your form.
Basic building blocks includes the following fields. They are standard form elements for simple forms.
Predefined inputs includes the following fields. They are used to connect data captured in forms to fields already in ROLLER.
- Select the fields you want to add to your form.
- Drag and drop the fields to rearrange the order and use the group basic building block to organize related fields.
Build: Customize fields
Select each field you've added to the form on the right, then customize the available settings.
|Label (name of the field)||Description|
|Required||Make the field mandatory|
|Description or instruction text for the question||Additional guidance for a question|
|Max length||The maximum amount of characters that can be entered or uploaded|
|Placeholder text||Example text that appears in the text box|
|Accepts multiple answers||Allows more than one answer to be selected|
|Admin only||The field is only accessible by staff in Venue Manager|
|Page (waiver kiosk only)||In the Waiver Kiosk, form questions can appear one after the other using different page numbers|
|Databinding||Bind the question response to an attribute (eg First Name) to create or map to existing users|
|Conditional||Only show this question based on a particular response to another question|
Build: Create any options for guests to choose (value sets)
A value set consists of options for a guest to choose from in a form.
To create a value set:
- Select the form, then select Customize.
- Select Create value set (or Edit value set if you want to edit an existing value set).
- Give your value set a Name.
- Select the plus button to add an answer option.
- Select the Delete button (trash icon) if you want to remove it.
- Select Add fields.
- Select the type of field you want to add it to: basic building blocks or predefined inputs
- Select the field in the form.
- Select the value set from the drop-down menu.
You can make this required and/or accept multiple options.
Watch the video to see how you can create options for guests to choose (value sets) for the following questions types: drop-down list, radio buttons and checkbox items.
Customize a form
Select the form, then select the Customize tab at the top of the form builder.
From here you can:
- Change the Name (this is not a customer facing name)
- Set a Title and Description
- Set a Closing date (optional)
Note that it's mandatory to set the Type of form. Select from the following options:
- Enquiry (goes to inbox): Feeds into your ROLLER inbox and requires data binding to the following fields: Name, Email, Mobile. These are mandatory in this type of form
- Consumer widget additional details: Additional details to be collected during the online checkout
- Waiver: This allows you to capture additional details in the waiver.
- Column Layout
- Show in checkout: Make sure you toggle this to On if this form is to show up in the online checkout for guests to complete when buying online.
- Include a link to this form in confirmation emails to activate it if the form link is to be displayed in the confirmation email.
Design and preview
To preview your form, click the Design tab at the top of the form builder to preview what your form looks like and make any styling changes.
To publish a form:
- Select the Publish tab.
- Select Share form to copy its unique URL to add to your website or an email for guests to complete.
- Select Embed in a web page to copy the HTML code to put where the form should appear on your website.
Add a form to a product
Learn how to add a form to a product