You can build custom forms in ROLLER to capture extra details from guests during the online checkout process, in booking confirmation emails, through website inquiries or in Venue Manager when confirming booking details.
You can then view form responses in both Venue Manager and POS and use it to personalize guest interactions. Greeting the birthday guest of honor by name and confirming dietary requirements and booking details makes guests feel valued and more likely to return to your business.
This guide walks you through how to create custom forms to capture additional guest data in ROLLER.
Lite & Pro feature
Create and manage one form on a Lite plan. To unlock the ability to create multiple forms with a Pro plan and above, contact your account manager or the support team.Learn more
Where you can use forms
There a several ways you can share or use forms to collect additional guest data.
|Form type||How the form is completed|
|Website inquiry||Guests fill out the form on your website, such as for group booking inquiries or catering preferences.
You can configure responses to go directly to your ROLLER inbox to action. You can include a direct link to the form from a button on your website or socials, or embed it in a webpage. Read on for more details.
|As part of the online checkout process||Guests complete additional form fields after adding a relevant product to the cart and prior to purchasing it.
You must configure the form to appear in the checkout when creating it. You must also add the form to products for it to display in the online checkout. Read on to learn more.
|Link from order confirmation forms||Guests select a link to complete a form in order confirmation emails, such as a link for them to complete the details for all guests invited to a party.
|Customized waiver form||Include extra fields, such as a driver's license field, in the standard ROLLER waiver form during the signing process.
You must start by selecting Waiver as the form type you want to create. This action automatically displays the standard waiver fields for you to adjust. Additionally, set the custom waiver form as the default in the product's waiver settings. Read on to learn more.
|Guest booking in Venue Manager||Add a form to a guest's booking in Venue Manger to gather extra details when confirming reservations, such as for large group bookings or parties.|
The form builder
The form builder in ROLLER consists of three main tabs.
- Build: This is where you add the form fields, customize field settings, form layout and content and set the form type.
- Design: This is where you can preview the form to see what it looks like and make any styling changes.
- Publish: This is where you can get the form's URL or embed code to add to your website or social sites.
Build: Add fields
- From the Build tab, select Add fields.
- Select the field type to add: Basic building blocks or Predefined inputs.
You can add fields from both types to a single form.
Basic building blocks includes the following fields. They are standard form elements for simple forms.
Predefined inputs includes the following fields. They are used to connect information submitted to a guest record already in ROLLER, or create a new guest record with the data collected.
- Select the fields you want to add to your form.
- Drag and drop the fields to rearrange the order.
- [Optional] Use the Group basic building block to organize related fields.
- From Basic building blocks tab, select Group.
- Drag and drop the relevant form fields into the group.
- See below for how to customize the group, fields and other settings.
To gather details for each ticket holder after an online purchase, add the group basic building block to the predefined name input fields. Then make the group repeatable in the group's settings. This lets guests add more guests by selecting "Add" in the form. Read on for more details.
Once you have all the fields you want for your form and are happy with the structure and layout, from the Build tab, select the Customize tab.
For global form settings, you can:
- Change the Name of the form (this is not a guest-facing name)
- Set a guest-facing Title and Description for the form (optional)
- Set a Closing date for the form (optional)
Global settings: Form type
Note that it's mandatory to set the Type of form. Select from the following options:
- Enquiry (goes to inbox): Feeds into your ROLLER inbox. You must add predefined input fields for Name, Email & Mobile. The data entered will automatically connect to guest data and fields in ROLLER.
- Consumer widget additional details: Select this option for additional details to be collected during the online checkout process and in order confirmation emails.
- Waiver: This allows you to capture additional details in the standard ROLLER waiver form. Once selected, ROLLER's existing form fields will load, and you can add to them or edit them. You must select the form in the waiver's settings to be the default waiver, then add the customized waiver to relevant products.
Other global options
The following options display based on the form type selected above.
- Show in checkout: Make sure you toggle this to On if this form is to show up in the online checkout for guests to complete when buying online.
- Include a link to this form in confirmation emails: Enable this option if you want the form to be included in the order confirmation email.
You must add the form to the relevant products for the form to be displayed in the online checkout and as a link in order confirmation emails.
From here, you can customize the forms for individual question fields.
Select a field that you've added to your form. The Customize tab opens at the question settings available for the field.
Review the options available below.
|Required||Make the field mandatory for guests to complete|
|Description or instruction text for the field||Additional guidance for a form|
|Max length||The maximum amount of characters that can be entered or uploaded|
|Placeholder text||Example text that appears in the text box|
|Accepts multiple answers||Allows for more than one answer to be selected (mulit-select checkboxes)|
|Admin only||The field is only accessible by staff in Venue Manager|
|Page (waiver kiosk only)||In the Waiver Kiosk, form questions can appear one after the other using different page numbers|
|Databinding||Bind the question response to an attribute (eg First Name) to create or map to existing users|
|Conditional||Only show this question based on a particular response to another question|
Value sets (guest response options)
A value set consists of options for a guest to choose from for a question in a form. For example, the drop-down options available to respond to a question.
To create a value set:
- Select the form, then select Customize.
- Select Create value set (or Edit value set if you want to edit an existing value set).
- Give your value set a Name.
- Select the plus button to add answer options.
- Select the Delete button (trash icon) if you want to remove any options.
- When you've added all options, select Done.
- If you haven't already, add the field for the value set from basic building blocks or predefined inputs
- Select the field in the form.
- Select the value set from the drop-down menu.
- You can make the value set required for guests to respond to and/or multi-select (guests can select multiple options).
- Select Save and continue.
When you group form questions, select the group on the right to customize the group settings.
- Name: Guest facing name for the group
- Description: Description or instruction text for the group
- Conditional: Only show this group when a question has or does not have a particular response
- Repeatable: An Add button is added to the group in the guest-facing form. Guests select the Add button to duplicate the group's fields and enter multiple details. For example, names of ticket holders or guests attending a party.
Design: Preview and edit styling
To preview your form, select the Design tab at the top of the form builder to preview what your form looks like and make any styling changes.
Publish: Share form on your website
From the Publish tab, you can copy a link to the form to add to your website. Or you can copy the code to embed the form in a web page.
- Select Share form to copy its unique URL to add to your website or an email for guests to complete.
- Select Embed in a web page to copy the HTML code to put where the form should appear on your website.
Share form in online checkout and order confirmation emails
If you want guests to complete the form before purchasing a product in the online checkout, or from a link in booking confirmation emails, you'll need to add the form to the relevant products. Learn more