If a guest makes changes to their booking, which results in a credit owing to them, you'll need to issue a refund. This can be done quickly and conveniently from POS.
This guide walks through how you can process full or partial refunds using ROLLER POS.
Issue a refund
To issue a refund from POS, follow the steps below.
- From POS, search for the booking you would like to refund, using the Booking name or Booking ID to search. Select the correct booking from the search results.
- Select Refund at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the refund method from the list of methods available (eg cash, card, gift card or wallet).
- Enter a custom amount to refund or select one of the following to refund:
Total This will refund the full amount paid, and will cancel the booking by default unless you deselect the checkbox Cancel the booking once the refund is processed. Individual tickets This will list out all tickets, and you can refund each by selecting the checkbox. This option will remove those items from the booking, which means that those tickets are no longer valid. Selecting all the items will also automatically cancel the booking. Individual tips Allows the ability to refund a tip or multiple forms of gratuity from the booking.
- Select Issue refund to process the refund.
View who issued the refund
You can always see which staff member issued a refund from the POS activity stream. The authorizing staff member's name will be displayed below the refund activity item.
To access the POS activity stream, follow the steps below.
- From POS, select More from the bottom left of the screen.
- Then select Activity.
- You can search for the booking you want to view using the Booking name or Booking ID. Otherwise, you can scroll through the activity stream to find what you need.