If a guest has only made a partial payment on a booking, for example paid a deposit for a party booking, they will need to pay the outstanding balance in-venue at POS.
This guide walks through how to identify when a payment is owing on a booking and how to take payment for the outstanding amount.
Identify when payment is owing on a booking
To identify when payment is owing on a booking at POS, follow the steps below.
- From POS, search for the booking using either the Booking name or the Booking ID. Select the correct booking from the search to bring up the booking details.
- At the bottom of the booking details page you will see the amount paid. If there is payment owing on the booking, there will be a line item for Total owing, highlighted in orange. The Total owing is the amount due for payment.
- You will need to take payment on the amount owing before the guest can use their tickets.
Take payment owing
After you've identified when a payment is owing on a booking, you can take payment. Follow the steps below.
- Select Charge and then choose the guests payment method from the options provided.
- Select Pay and complete the transaction.
- Both cash and card payments require you to type in the amount to be paid. Payments do not have to match the full amount owing if you are accepting multiple payments.
- When taking a payment via gift card, you will need to scan or type in the Gift Card ID. On the next screen, you will be shown the balance of the gift card and then you can type in the amount to charge the gift card. A warning will appear if the amount owing is more than the gift card balance.
- To take multiple payments, select Charge, then select the first payment method and complete the payment. Repeat as necessary until no amount is owing.