This article outlines instructions on how to process a campaign with an external e-commerce company such as Groupon or Scoopon on the ROLLER system
This article will cover
- Creating a product to be able to process and recognize revenue received from the e-commerce company
- How to add that revenue through the system
- How to upload and redeem external offers
- Which reports should be used
Create an open product
- From Venue Manager, go to Products >Create product.
- Select Add-ons
- Complete the product the details:
- Add a name: Set the name to "E-Commerce company name Revenue" (eg Groupon Revenue)
- Upload an Image (optional): so that this stands out in POS, you can add an image (390 by 640 pixels) to clearly distinguish from other passes or add ons.
- Select the same tax rate that applies to the regular product and set the fees to 'The guest will pay for all fees'.
- Click the Save button once everything has been configured
Add the open product in POS
Each time funds are received from Groupon, make a sale for the product in the POS. The reason we use the POS is that the item is automatically checked in for today and will appear in reports immediately.
Mark the product as received in POS
In Settings > Device: please make sure you have Default tender to full amount and Auto check-in on purchase settings toggled to Yes
Register the cheque payment in POS
When you receive a cheque from the external e-commerce company, follow these steps:
- Open POS and click on the menu on the left-hand side
- Click on the Revenue product, enter the amount received as stated on the cheque and add the date received in the Notes section. Please note that both of these are required and we highly recommend that you standardize the format (especially the date format) to how these notes are written so it remains consistent
- Click Apply and Pay Total
- On the next screen, select Cheque as the payment method, enter the cheque number as a reference and click Continue
- Click the Complete Payment button to finalize
Input discount codes into ROLLER
Each time a customer purchases the offer, the e-commerce company will send them a discount code to redeem their product or ticket. Companies such as Groupon will know the codes before the offer begins and should provide these to you in CSV (Microsoft Excel) format.
Follow the instructions below to activate the codes in ROLLER.
Create the discount code
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Discount Codes > Create discount code
- Give the discount a name (eg GROUPON 2 x 60 minute Jump)
- Set the discount amount
- 100 % off <specific item> - select the product that the offer is for
- Max. applicable amount: enter the maximum price that can be redeemed e.g. the offer is for 2 x 60-minute jump tickets which equate to $50
- Input how many times the discount can be used, this will depend on how many tickets they can redeem. In this example it is 2. Always select the per item option from the drop-down. Do not click Codes can only be used once unless the redemption is only for one use.
- Under Create code/s select Batch upload codes
- Click Upload codes and select the corresponding CSV file sent by the external e-commerce site. Please note that the maximum is 1000 codes per file. Codes can be letters and numbers only but cannot have special characters
- Set when is this discount code active:
- If the code doesn't require an expiry, leave it at the default which is All the time
- Otherwise, if you would like it to expire, you can click Select dates... and a pop-up modal will prompt you to change the setting to Date range. From here, set up the expiry as required. Click the Save button on the modal to confirm
- Click Save.
Repeat if necessary
Please repeat the previous steps for all offers and types as required.
Redeeming in POS
The guest will be able to use their discount code online to book a jump or visit the venue and present at the counter to redeem. For guests that have pre-booked online, follow the normal process for check-in. For any customers that have not pre-booked, follow the below instructions to discount jump time using their designated discount code.
Redeem tickets with discount codes
- Add the tickets to the POS cart
- Click Discount, input their code and click Add
- If the discount code is valid, click Pay Total and Complete Payment
- Continue check-in process as normal