This guide shows you how to create, add products to and edit POS menus for your POS devices and templates.
Choose the best device screen size
The POS menu comes in two sizes: regular and small. These sizes exist so that the physical screen size available on the POS device is used most efficiently. Set your device screen size based on the resolution of your POS device.
- This size is best for desktop-style POS devices. These are POS devices that generally have a keyboard and mouse. Specifically, screens with a resolution of 1166 pixels wide or greater. The regular size creates menus which are five-columns wide.
- This size is best used for tablet-style POS devices or screens with a resolution less than 1166 pixels wide. This size creates menus four-columns wide.
Create a new POS menu
You can add menus to new or existing devices and templates.
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Point of Sale, then select Devices or Templates.
Devices are standalone setups and templates are reusable. Learn more about creating and managing devices and templates
- From the left-side Menu, select Add menu.
Give your menu a name and select an appropriate icon from the icon dropdown. A menu section is immediately created in the Menu items panel.
Add products to your POS menus
To add products to a new menu section:
- Select Add products to choose the products you want to include in the menu section.
- Select the products, then select Done.
To add products to an existing menu section:
- Hover over the section header.
- Select the plus button.
- Select the products, then select Done.
Arrange products in your POS menus
Products are arranged in rows by default, but you can change this arrangement by selecting the pencil icon in a section header.
The options are:
Group products in rows (default)
A new row is created for each product and each ticket for the product is stacked from left to right. This layout is best used when a menu contains more products than there are columns available (4 or 5 depending on your device size).
Group products in columns
A new column is created for each product and tickets are stacked vertically. Use this option when the number of products in the menu is equal to or fewer than the number of columns available.
Each product follows on from the next with no line breaks and flows from left to right, top to bottom. This is best for saving space but ensure that you use colour and/or images effectively to differentiate products.
- Group products in rows (default)
Change the position of product tiles
To change the position of product tiles, turn on Tile edit mode at the bottom of the Menu settings panel. Once enabled:
- If grouped by rows, use the keyboard cursor keys to move products either up and down.
- If grouped in columns, use the keyboard cursor keys to move products left and right.
The tickets for a product are always grouped together but you can reposition the order in which they appear by also using the cursor keys.
Remove products from POS menus
To delete a product tile, enable Tile edit mode at the bottom of the Menu settings panel and use the delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
Edit the appearance of products
To edit a product tile, first select a tile to open the Edit dialogue box.
- To edit the text displayed on the tile, edit the Tile label and Subheading fields. By default the product name is used for the tile’s label in bold and ticket name is displayed as a subheading beneath it.
- To swap the product and ticket names so that the ticket name is the tile label in bold, use the swap icon to toggle the order.
- To edit the colour, select a new colour from the list of colours or select None to remove colour from the tile.
- To display the product image on the tile, select Use image.
- When making changes to the colour/images select Apply to save colour/image for this specific tile only or Apply to all to quickly change the colour/image for all other ticket types within the product.
- If you have multiple sections created, you can change the section that the tile appears in by selecting Section > changing the section > selecting Apply to all. Read below for more on creating sections.
Create a section within a menu
- Select Add section.
- The Create section popup opens.
- Name the new section and set the tile arrangement. Select Create section to create the new menu section.
Once the new section is created, you can add and rearrange products and edit the appearance of the product tiles.
Rearrange menu sections
If your menu has multiple sections, you can rearrange a section by using the up and down arrow on a section header.
Rename menu sections
To add or rename a menu section, hover over a section header and click the pencil icon. Enter your new name in the popup window. Click Save to apply the changes.
Delete menu sections
To remove a menu section, hover over a section header and click the trash can icon.