Once you've created your POS devices and templates in Venue Manager, you have the option to go back and make adjustments to reflect any changes at your venue.
This guide walks through how to create, add products to and adjust menus on your POS devices and templates.
Best practice tips
Keep your left-side POS menus short and concise so that staff don't have to scroll to find what they need.
Group single tickets together to maximize the use of space when arranging your products in a POS menu.
Place desired upsell items below your main tickets to visually prompt staff and minimize the number of button presses/clicks.
Choose the best device screen size
The POS menu comes in two sizes: regular and small. These sizes exist so that the physical screen size available on the POS device is used most efficiently. Set your device screen size based on the resolution of your POS device.
|This size is best for desktop-style POS devices. These are POS devices that generally have a keyboard and mouse. Specifically, screens with a resolution of 1166 pixels wide or greater. The regular size creates menus which are five-columns wide.
|This size is best used for tablet-style POS devices or screens with a resolution less than 1166 pixels wide. This size creates menus four-columns wide.
Create a new POS menu
You can add a new menu to new or existing devices and templates. Follow the steps below.
- From Venue Manager, go to Apps > Point of Sale.
- Then select Devices (for standalone setups) or Templates (for updating multiple devices at once). Learn more about creating and managing devices and templates.
- From the left-side Menu, select Add menu. Give your menu a name and select an appropriate icon from the icon dropdown. A new menu section is immediately created in the Menu panel.
Add products to your POS menus
To add products to a new menu, follow the steps below.
- Select Add products to choose the products you want to include in the menu.
- Select the products, then select Apply.
- Once you've chosen all the products you wish to add, select Done.
To add products to an existing menu, follow the steps below.
- Select the menu from the left-side panel.
- Hover over the section header.
- Select the plus button.
- Select the products you wish to add and then select Done.
Arrange products in your POS menus
Products are arranged in rows by default, but you can change this arrangement by selecting the pencil icon in a section header.
The options are:
Group products in rows (default)
A new row is created for each product and each ticket for the product is stacked from left to right. This layout is best used when a menu contains more products than there are columns available (4 or 5 depending on your device size).
Group products in columns
A new column is created for each product and tickets are stacked vertically. Use this option when the number of products in the menu is equal to or fewer than the number of columns available (4 or 5 depending on your device).
Each product follows on from the next with no line breaks and flows from left to right, top to bottom. This is best for saving space but ensure that you use colour and/or images effectively to differentiate products.
Change the position of product tiles
To change the position of product tiles, turn on Tile edit mode at the bottom of the Menu settings panel.
- If product tiles are grouped by rows, use the keyboard cursor keys to move products either up and down.
- If product tiles are grouped in columns, use the keyboard cursor keys to move products left and right.
Remove products from POS menus
To delete a product tile, enable Tile edit mode at the bottom of the Menu settings panel and use the delete key on your keyboard to remove it.
Edit the appearance of product tiles
To edit a product tile, first select the tile to open the Edit dialogue box.
To edit the text displayed on the tile, edit the Tile label and Subheading fields. By default, the product name is used for the tile’s label in bold and the ticket name is displayed as a subheading beneath it.
To swap the product and ticket names so that the ticket name is the tile label in bold, use the swap icon to toggle the order.
To edit the color, select a new color from the list of colors. Select None to remove color from the tile.
To display the product image on the tile, select Use image.
When making changes to the colors and images, select Apply to save your changes for this specific tile only, or Apply to all to quickly change the colors and images for all other ticket types within the product.
If you've created multiple sections within your menu, you can change the section that the tile appears in by selecting Section and then choosing a new section from the dropdown. Read below for more on creating sections.
Create a section within a menu
- Select Add section.
- Give your section a Section title and choose your Tile arrangement.
- Select Create section to create the new menu section.
- Once the new section is created, you can add and rearrange products and edit the appearance of the product tiles.
- Select Save when done.
Rearrange menu sections
If your menu has multiple sections, you can rearrange a section by using the up and down arrows on a section header.
Rename menu sections
To rename a menu section, hover over a section header and select the pencil icon. Enter your new name in the popup window. Select Save to apply the changes.
Delete menu sections
To remove a menu section, hover over a section header and select the trash can icon.