Although chargebacks are a natural part of credit card transaction processing, this doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to mitigate their numbers. We're here to help by providing a list of preventative measures you can take as a ROLLER venue to help reduce their occurrence.
When taking bookings in Venue Manager, be on the alert for the following:
- When taking payment from a guest via Venue Manager, if their card declines and a second card is immediately offered or offered within a very short period of time (ie 30 minutes later), don't accept it.
- Watch out for bookings that are using multiple credit cards. This is indicative of fraudulent behaviour.
Issue an invoice that can be paid online
For venues with 3D Secure (3DS) enabled in their payment gateway account, consider making it mandatory that all payments through Venue Manager need to be done via the Invoice widget: Issue an invoice to pay online. Payments using the invoice widget will pass through 3D Secure providing an additional layer of security for payments.
Clearly disclose your policies and terms and conditions
Ensure that your sale/return policies and terms and conditions are not only readily available and actively communicated, but easy to understand and cooperate with.
Focus on premium customer service
- Practice good, prompt customer service for guests who are looking for information and updates about their purchases.
- Offer reasonable alternatives for future services, which could be gift cards.
- Refund as quickly as possible when the guest requests a refund.