If a guest calls to purchase a gift card from your venue, you can issue and take payment for the gift card in Venue Manager.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > All products.
- Search for the gift card product you want to sell.
- Select the options menu (3 dots) for the gift card product, then select Issue new gift card.
- Select the gift card value and the quantity.
- Enter the purchaser details, then select Next.
- Select the Delivery method (eg physical or digital gift card). The methods available here are based on the gift card product settings. Learn more
- If sending a physical gift card, enter the recipient's name.
- If sending a digital gift card (e-gift card):
- Select if the purchaser wants to send the gift card now or later.
- (Optional) Enter a gift card message from the purchaser.
- Enter the recipient's name and email address.
- Select the Payment type or select No payment required if the gift card is complimentary.
- If the puchaser is paying by credit card, enter the guest's credit card details, then select Process payment.
Gift card ID numbers
When issuing a gift card from Venue Manager, ROLLER will automatically generate a gift card number for you. However, you may want to override this gift card number and include a custom gift card number. ROLLER best practices for custom gift card numbers include:
- Using non-sequential alphanumeric numbers and ensuring that the numbers don’t repeat.
- Using 9-digit IDs to distinguish them from your booking ID numbers.