ROLLER venues can issue a refund to a new gift card, instead of issuing a cash or card refund. This allows guests to use the gift card for future purchases at your venue. This article will show you how to enable refunds to new gift cards.
Enable refunds to new gift cards
Step 1 - Create product
Create the gift card product that will be used when issuing refunds to a new gift card. We recommend creating a separate refunds gift card product for reporting purposes.
Follow the steps here to create a gift card product.
Step 2 - Configure refund settings
Nominate the gift card product to use when issuing a refund to a new gift card.
- Navigate to VM > Settings > Account > Payments
- Scroll to Gift card refunds panel and select the gift card product which will be used when issuing a refund to a new gift card.
- Click Save.
Issue refund to new gift card
Using Venue Manager
To issue a refund to a new gift card in Venue Manager:
- Find and open the booking > click the 3 dots on the top right hand corner of the screen > select Refund.
- Select to refund booking items or amount > click Continue.
- Click the Refund method dropdown and select gift card.
- Select Issue new gift card > select if the gift card will be physical or digital.
- Once done, click Refund.
For more information, visit our Help center article on refunding a booking from the Venue Manager.
Using ROLLER POS
To issue a refund to new gift card in POS:
- Find and open the booking, click Refund > select Gift card refund method.
- Select whether to refund to an existing gift card or to issue new gift card.
|Refund to an existing gift card||Please type in or scan the gift card number. If the gift card has expired, the refund will be applied but is unusable without an extension of the expiry date.|
|Issue new gift card||Physical - please type in or scan the gift card number.
Digital - Please ensure the booking has booking holder details. A digital gift card will be emailed to the booking holder.