Learn how to navigate through POS so you can take orders and process transactions for walk-in customers:
- Toggling between menu tabs and adding items to the cart
- Making adjustments from the cart
- Adding discounts
- Taking payments - cash
- Taking payments - card
- Taking payments - gift card
- Taking payments - groupon
- Taking payments - split payments
- Taking payments - deposit / part payment
- Completing payment
Toggling between menu tabs & adding items
- Toggle between your POS tabs and add various ticket types, add-ons or stock to the cart from different menu tabs
- Add items to the cart by clicking on the respective tile and the cart will update accordingly
- Optional: click on the date next to the search bar to change to a future date and purchase tickets for other days in one transaction
Making adjustments from the cart
- Increase or decrease the number of tickets from the cart as well. By clicking on the number of items, you can adjust it accordingly with the keypad. For sessions with consecutive hours available, adjust the duration by clicking on the time and duration
- Remove items by clicking the delete icon
If discounts are enabled in POS settings, users are able to add discounts to the booking being processed. Learn more about POS device settings here.
- Click discounts and select between Code, $ or % if you have the latter two enabled through the POS device settings
- Type in the discount code or custom amount and click 'Add', repeat steps if you want to add multiple discount codes. For custom discounts, a Manager code may be required to utilize the function if this setting is enabled
- Click the green 'Pay' button. Note that depending on your product settings, you may need to attach a waiver to the tickets in the cart before you can proceed to the payment page
- Choose the payment method by clicking on the option the guest is paying with
- Select Cash
- Click on the denominations listed so you can select the notes you've been paid and it will deduct from the Amount Owing or click on the amount to key in the total cash (received) on the calculator
- Click the Complete Button once it's changed from orange to green and it'll calculate the expected change
- Select Card
- Click Complete Payment and follow the prompts on your connected payment terminal.
- Do not refresh/close POS/navigate away while a transaction is in progress
- Always wait for a response from the terminal. If the card progress modal is closed, wait until Payment success page is shown (booking has been created)
- Except for Tyro, card transactions can only be canceled on the terminal or payment provider software. Refresh POS won't cancel the in-flight transaction
- Select Gift Card
- Type in the gift card ID into the pop up modal and press Continue
It is not possible to partial payment with Groupon with another payment type - for example, the scenario to redeem one ticket on Groupon and another on cash is not supported. Each Groupon voucher should be redeemed as a separate transaction.
- Select Groupon as the tender type in POS
- This will prompt the side panel for the POS user to either scan or enter the Groupon voucher ID via the number pad or keyboard. It is important to capture this information for reporting
- Click Complete Payment
- Select the first payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- Click 'Complete Payment'
- A pop-up is going to appear to remind you that you still need to take more payment to complete the transaction. Select 'Take another payment'
- Select the second payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- Click 'Complete Payment'
- Repeat the above steps until the transaction is fully paid
Deposit / Part Payment
- Select the payment method and adjust the amount to charge
- A pop-up is going to appear to remind you that you still need to take more payment to complete the transaction. Select 'Complete booking'
Once you have taken payment, you have the option to Go to Booking, Print Receipt (if you do not have auto print receipt option enabled on your POS device settings) or Start New Sale
Please see below for the template for the Receipt, it is fully itemized per booking item and includes the costs, discount applied and subtotal: