The Till Reconciliation report shows all of your venues POS Till Summaries over a selected date range
What is this report used for?
- The Till Reconciliation Report shows all of your venues POS Till Summaries over a selected date range.
- The purpose of using this report is to see the summaries of completed Till Sessions broken down per day for each POS device.
How does it work?
- Once you close off the till(s) at the end of the day, the data will feed into this report. Please note that once a till is closed off, you cannot adjust the balance.
- It is also very important to open and close the till(s) on the same day, otherwise it will throw off the data as it will take into account sale data for a few days.
What data can you see?
The columns available are:
- Device Name is the name of the POS device used for that Till Session
- Start Date is the start date and time of the Till Session
- End Date is the end date and time of the Till Session
- Card Takings is the amount taken via Credit Card during the Till Session
- Card Refunds is the amount of Credit Card refunds issued during the Till Session
- Gift Card Takings is the value of Gift Card redemptions used to purchase products during the Till session
- Cash Float is the amount of cash that was in the Till at the beginning of the Till Session
- Cash Takings is the amount of cash that was taken during the Till Session
- Cash Refunds is the amount of cash refunds that were issued during the Till Session
- Cash Added In is the amount of cash that was manually added to the Till during the Till Session
- Cash Taken Out is the amount of cash that was manually taken out of the Till during the Till Session
- Actual Cash Balance is the cash that was counted and reconciled as being in the Till at the end of the Till Session
Difference is the difference between the amount of cash the POS system believes it should be there versus the amount of cash you actually have on hand that you put in the system after you close the till
Discount is the total value of discounts that was processed during the chosen time frame on each till
- Employee discount is the value of the discounts that was processed during the chose time frame on each till that falls under the employee discount category
How is this report activated?
This is automatically included in each platform upon platform creation.
- What does it mean if my Till Session has run over multiple days?
- This will happen if the Tills are not closed off before the end of each day. Till Sessions will begin automatically when transactions are processed, however they must be closed manually within each POS device.
- What if I’ve wrongly counted my cash or I’ve typed the wrong amount when cashing out at the end of the day?
- Unfortunately this cannot be amended directly from ROLLER, however once the report has been exported this can be edited by using Excel.
A venue noticed that some reports are showing a POS device took a really high balance of cash. By running the Till Reconcialiation report, they can see that this is because the end date for that session is a few days after the start date (i.e. session runs over a few days) which inflates the figures as instead of reporting the figure per day, it reports the figure over multiple days.