The Till Reconciliation report shows all of your venues closed POS till summaries over a selected date range.
What is this report used for?
The Till Reconciliation report shows all of your venues POS till summaries over a selected date range.
Use this report is to see the summaries of closed till sessions broken down per day for each POS device.
You notice that some reports are showing a POS device that took a really high balance of cash. By running the Till Reconciliation report, you see that this is because the end date for that session is a few days after the start date (ie session runs over a few days) which inflates the figures. Instead of reporting the figures per day, it's reporting the figures over multiple days.
How does it work?
- Once you close off the till(s) at the end of the day, the data will feed into this report. Note that once a till is closed off, you cannot adjust the balance.
- It is also very important to open and close the till(s) on the same day. Otherwise it will throw off the data as it will take into account sales data for a few days.
What data can you see?
Default columns available in the grid are:
- Device is the name of the POS device used for that Till Session
- Till start is the start date and time of the Till Session
- Till end is the end date and time of the Till Session
- Cash Takings is the amount of cash that was taken during the Till Session
- Cash Refunds is the amount of cash refunds that were issued during the Till Session
- Cash Float is the amount of cash that was in the Till at the beginning of the Till Session
- Cash In is the amount of additional cash that was added in to the float during the till session.
- Cash Out is the amount of cash that was manually taken out of the float during the till session.
- Cash Counted is the total cash counted including float
- Card Takings is the amount taken via Credit Card during the Till Session
- Variance is the difference between the amount of expected cash versus the amount of cash you actually have on hand after closing the till.
Right-click the table to add additional columns:
- Card Takings is the total amount of takings using the card tender type.
- Card Refunds is the total amount refunded to the card tender type.
- Gift Card Takings is the total amount of takings using the gift card tender type.
Discounts is the total value of discounts applied excluding staff discounts.
- Staff discounts is the value of the discounts that was processed that falls under staff discounts