This article will show you how to configure POS templates to manage multiple POS devices in your venue. Templates allows you to configure multiple devices at once and ensure consistency across your linked POS devices. Templates are recommended for venues with multiple POS devices that offer the same products.
Create a POS template
- In Venue Manager, navigate to Apps > Point of Sale (POS) > Templates.
- Click New POS template.
- Give the Device template a unique Name.
- Set the device screen size to determine the number of columns available .
- Set the Starting till balance (optional) - set the balance of the till at the start of each session .
- Allow mass ticket redemption (optional) - set a minimum ticket quantity to enable mass. redemption feature in POS. Note, mass redemption will bypass the waiver assignment and tickets will be checked-in without a waiver attached.
- Click on Add menu and type in the Menu name.
- Select an icon for the menu by clicking Change icon and choosing from the list of options.
- Under Menu items, click Add products and select all the products that are to be added and click Apply so that all items are added.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 as necessary until the template is built as desired.
- Once ready, click Save.
Managing POS templates
To manage a POS template, go to Apps > Point of Sale > Templates, click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of the relevant template. The following menu options will appear:
|Edit||Opens template settings page. Click the 'Unlock to edit device' to make changes and click Save once all necessary updates have been made.
Please note that if you edit a template, a warning will notify that updating this template will impact all devices connected to the template
|Create device from template||Automatically creates a POS device which shares the configuration of the template. The POS device will be linked to the template. Give the device a name that is unique and different from the template.
Click Save to create the device.
|Duplicate||Creates a copy of the existing template for you to modify and save.|
|Archive||Removes the POS template from the list. A pop-up modal will prompt you to confirm this action. Click 'Yes, archive it' to remove it. Note: This action cannot be reversed.|