This article explains how to download and install ROLLER Connect which is required by ROLLER POS to manage connections to external devices such as receipt/ticket printers and payment terminals.
The sections below explain the process to download and install ROLLER Connect on a ROLLER POS device. The steps are:
Windows administrator login
ROLLER Connect requires Windows administrator privileges, therefore to confirm:
- Click the Start menu
- Click the User icon
- Select Change account settings
- Under Your info you should see your username and it should say Administrator
ROLLER Connect must run on a user with administrator privileges
Download & install ROLLER Connect
- Open ROLLER POS and log in
- Click the More menu option
- Click the Settings option
- Click the Hardware sub menu
- Click the Download ROLLER Connect link
- If you can't see a download link, it means you're not logged into the POS as an administrator. If you log out and log back in with administrator access you should see the download link.
- Once downloaded, click the downloaded file to run the installation. If prompted, click Run Anyway
- Close the browser
Verify ROLLER Connect installation
Open ROLLER POS and login.
If ROLLER Connect has been successfully installed and is running before the ROLLER POS was opened, you will see a green ROLLER Connect Online notification.
You can also check via the hardware settings (More > Settings > Hardware) in ROLLER POS.
If you have followed the above steps and you are being presented with a purple ROLLER Connect Offline notification. Refer to these steps in the article Resetting ROLLER Connect.
If you've successfully followed all steps in both articles and you're still having problems please log a support ticket.