This article explains how to download and install ROLLER Connect which is required by ROLLER POS to manage connections to external devices such as receipt/ticket printers and payment terminals.
The sections below explain the process to download and install ROLLER Connect on a ROLLER POS device. The steps are:
- Windows Administrator Login
- Disable Windows User Account Control (UAC)
- Download & install ROLLER Connect
- Verify ROLLER Connect installation
Windows Administrator Login
ROLLER Connect requires Windows administrator privileges, therefore to confirm:
- Log in to Windows on the POS device
- Use the Search bar and type Control Panel and click to open
- Click User Accounts
The user you're logged in as must have administrator privileges and thus display the role Administrator.
Disable Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
- Use the Search bar and type User Account Controls and click to open
- In the settings window, select the option Never notify and click Ok
- If prompted to confirm again, click Ok.
Download & Install ROLLER Connect
- Open your browser, open ROLLER POS and login
- Click the More menu option
- Click the Settings option
- Click the Hardware sub menu
- Click the Download ROLLER Connect link
- Once downloaded, click the downloaded file to run the installation. If prompted, click Run Anyway
- Close the browser
Verify ROLLER Connect Installation
Open your browser, open ROLLER POS and login.
If ROLLER Connect has been successfully installed and is running before the ROLLER POS was opened, you will see a green "ROLLER Connect Online" notification. You can also check via the hardware settings (More > Settings > Hardware) in ROLLER POS.
If you have followed the above steps and you are being presented with a purple ROLLER Connect Offline notification. Refer to these steps in the article Resetting ROLLER Connect.
If you've successfully followed all steps in both articles and you're still having problems please log a support ticket.