This report is tailored for those using the membership functionality, specifically for recurring memberships.
Recurring Payment Log report data
In this report, you can find the following data:
- Booking ID - this is the booking ID that is linked to the membership
- Time attempted - the date and time the system attempted to deduct the credit card linked to the membership
- Booking name - the name of the booking holder linked to the membership
- Amount - the amount the system attempts to charge to the credit card
- Payment status - the status of the payment; this can either be successful or failed
- Payment attempt - ROLLER will always try and attempt payment 3 times (read more here). This column lists the number of attempts for this transaction
- Note - this is where any payment error message will be displayed. Please note that the description will differ depending on the credit card provider
The report also summarizes the following key information:
- # attempted - the total number of payments attempted during the selected date range
- $ attempted - the total value of payments attempted during the selected date range
- # successful - tote total number of successful payments during the selected date range
- $ successful - the total value of successful payments during the selected date range
- # failed - the total number of failed payments during the selected date range
- $ failed - the total value of failed payments during the selected date range
You can choose the date range included in this report by adjusting the date selector. Use the Payment status filter to adjust whether you wanted to include successful payments, failed payments, or both.
Report use case
If you wanted to get more details on why a particular membership payment has been declined, you can use this report to search for the membership and find out the reason for why it was declined.
Once the declined reason has been established, for example, due to expired credit card, you can contact the guest and obtain the new credit card details and update the member record.