This article will show you how to customize an individual POS device's settings to suit your specific needs.
Switch POS devices
To switch between POS devices:
- Login to POS > click More > Settings > Device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Deactivate Device.
- Choose a new POS device from the list of available devices.
If the other POS device you are trying to select is greyed out, this means it is in use and cannot be de-allocated from your POS device. To deallocate the POS device and gain access to it, see Deallocate a POS device.
POS device settings
Log in to POS > click More > Settings > Device.
- Toggle between Yes and No for all the switches that apply:
- Enable "Fast Cash" payments - fast cash enables processing cash transactions by skipping the whole payments page to take a full cash payment (no change calculation). This speeds up the purchase process particularly during peak periods
- Skip "New Guests" details - if data collection isn't necessary, switch this on to skip collecting name, email, address, postcode, and phone number
- Require Post Code in "New Guests" details - makes it mandatory to collect the guest's postcode
- Enable postcode autocomplete in ‘New Guest’ details - automatically adds the guest’s postcode if this has already been captured
- Capture Country in "New Guest" details - makes it mandatory to capture Country for each guest from a preset dropdown list
- Default tender to full amount - defaults cash payments to full tender when you select cash, in order to speed up the purchase process. Please note that if this is not enabled, POS operators will need to enter the amount of cash given by the guest
- Automatically prompt for modifiers - prompts for the POS operator to add, for example, sides to cafe meals or coffee add-ons like sugar and milk. If this setting is not switched on by default, users are still able to add these manually from items in the cart
- Capture table numbers - allows you to type in which table number is to be allocated to the order and this will display on the production docket
- Automatically prompt user for table number before payment - this option is only displayed if the 'Capture table numbers' switch has been toggled on, it will prompt the POS operator to type in the table number before taking payment
- Print production dockets - allows sending production dockets to the kitchen or cafe. Please read our article on stock items if you plan to use this setting
- Print tickets - allows the ability to print tickets from POS
- Print master tickets - allows the option to print master tickets from POS, if this setting is turned off, it will default to the itemized ticket template
- Authorized POS PIN is required for reprinting tickets - require manager authorisation (enter POS PIN) before a receipt can be reprinted.
- Auto print receipts - this settings prints receipts immediately after purchase.
- Auto print tickets - this settings prints tickets immediately after purchase from POS when the POS operator clicks the Go To Booking button
- Auto print tickets when purchased - this option is only displayed if the Auto print tickets switch has been toggled on. This option prints tickets upon full payment.
- Only print package tickets - this option is only displayed if the Auto print tickets switch has been toggled on. Activating this setting in conjunction with 'Auto-print tickets' will enable printing only the package tickets via ROLLER Connect. Please note that this option is only available for clients with the Package module, to activate this, please log a request
- Auto check-in on purchase - will automatically check-in tickets bought, this setting is ideal for all points of entry.
- Auto check-in when waivers are attached - will automatically check-in tickets when a valid waiver is attached.
- Allow users to undo check-ins - allow POS operators to undo check-ins if required
- Enable discounts - enables discount codes to be available on POS
- Enable custom discount - allows custom discounts to be applied in dollar amount or set percentage, this requires the Manager Code for approval
- Enable custom discount without authorized POS PIN - allows custom discounts to be applied without requiring Manager Code approval
- Enable complimentary - allows the user to process complimentary bookings with the Manager Code for approval. All items will be marked as complimentary, including items added to a booking marked as complimentary
- Require reason for opening till - this setting allows opening the till and requiring additional steps such as leaving a till note, toggle this to 'No' if it's not required
- Enable tax override - to activate this option for all POS devices, please log a request
- Automatically revert sell date to current date after each sale - this reverts to the current date after each sale. As the most common scenario for buying tickets on-site is for the current day, should a POS user need to put through a transaction for a future date, it will default back to the current date for all other sales once it's been processed
- Use small POS tiles - allows fitting more items on the screen by reducing the size of the tile for each item
- Enable Tabs (pay later) - this option gives the ability to start a Tab that the guest can settle before they leave. Please log a request to enable this for the platform
- Language - Change language for the POS device by selecting from the drop-down menu.
- Device Timeout - This setting allows you to set an automatic logout if there is no activity after a certain amount of time.
- This is set to Never by default. Adjust this by sliding the circle to the number of minutes you would like the device to log out after no activity e.g. 15 minutes
- Click Save Settings once you are done and/or if it is needed to change devices.