How to create sessions that run at regular session intervals, but are partially linked to your venue's operating hours
For example, create morning sessions for guests to purchase from Monday to Thursday, every hour, from the time your venue opens until midday, with the venue closing at 6 PM on these days.
Before you start
- Set up your operating hours in Venue Manager.
- Create resources for the product to manage venue capacity.
- Create the session pass product and its tickets.
- Assign the resources to the product in the product and ticket settings.
Create your schedule
To create this type of schedule, you will unlink it from the venue's regular opening OR closing time and instead set a custom time for it.
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Schedules.
- Select the product, then select Create schedule.
- Give the schedule a name and description.
Follow the steps to partially link the schedule to operating hours.
|First session starts at
Last session ends at
|From these options, you can link to either your venue's opening time OR closing time set up in operating hours (ie partially link to operating hours).
If you want to link the schedule to your venue's opening time and set a custom end time:
|Session starts every||Choose how often you want sessions to start between your opening and closing time.
For example, every 1 HR. Guests will be able to purchase tickets for sessions starting every hour.
|Tickets and resources||
|Schedule period||Choose when you want the schedule to be available, subject to operating hours:
|Start date||Select the Start date for the sessions to be available.|
|Maximum booking window||Select the maximum booking window for guests to be able to book into the future. The booking window automatically extends on a rolling basis each day.|
Select Save. Your schedule is created and partially linked to your operating hours:
- If linked to your venue's opening time, any changes you make to your opening times will automatically extend or reduce the session times available so they start when your venue opens and finish at the time you've set the last session to end at.
- If linked to your venue's closing time, any changes you make to your closing times will automatically extend or reduce the session times available to end when your venue closes.
- Create a booking in Venue Manager and go through the booking flow for the product.
- Add the product to an online checkout and go through the online purchase flow for the product.
- Add the product to a POS menu, launch the relevant POS device and check the tickets are available on the right days and times.
If sessions are not appearing how you think they should be, check how your operating hours are set up, including any scheduled changes and any temporary hour overrides to standard hours.