How to create product schedules for regular peak and off-peak sessions that run from open to close, with higher pricing and extended opening hours for peak days (eg Friday to Sunday).
You can set up the varying opening hours for peak and off-peak days in operating hours. Then create two schedules for the product, an off-peak schedule and a peak schedule, both fully linked to the opening and closing times set up in operating hours. This allows the higher-priced tickets to be available on peak days, and the lower-priced tickets on off-peak days, from open to close.
Before getting started
- Set up your operating hours for the varying opening hours across the week.
- Create resources for the session pass product to manage venue capacity.
- Create a session pass product with peak and off-peak tickets at different prices.
- Assign the resources to the session pass product in the product and ticket settings.
First, create the off-peak schedule
To create the off-peak schedule:
- From Venue Manager, go to Products > Schedules.
- Select the product, then select Create schedule.
- Give the schedule a name (eg Off peak - Mon to Thurs) and description.
Then complete the schedule options as follows to fully link the off-peak schedule to the venue's operating hours.
|First session starts at||Link your first session start time to your opening time.
Keep Opening time selected so that your first session starts at the same time your venue opens each day.
|Last session ends at||Link your last session end time to your closing time.
|Session starts every||Choose how often you want sessions to start between your opening and closing time.
For example, every 30 MINS. Guests will be able to purchase tickets for sessions starting every half hour.
|Tickets and resources||Remove the peak ticket from the schedule.
|Schedule period||Choose when you want the schedule to be available, subject to operating hours:
|Start date||Select the Start date for the sessions to be available.|
|Maximum booking window||Select the maximum booking window for guests to be able to book into the future. The booking window automatically extends on a rolling basis each day.|
Select Save. The off-peak schedule is available from Open to Close, Monday to Thursday.
Next, create the peak schedule
Create a separate product schedule for the peak ticket.
- In Schedules, from the same product, select Create schedule.
- A Days already in use message appears.
This is because by default, all weekdays are selected when creating a new schedule. These days are conflicting with the weekdays selected for your peak tickets. You'll resolve this when selecting the schedule period and days for the peak schedule.
- Follow the steps as outlined for the off-peak schedule but this time:
- Remove the off-peak ticket from the tickets and resources card so that the schedule is only for the peak ticket
- Select Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the schedule period. Once this is done, the days conflict message will disappear.
Once saved, the peak schedule is available from Open to Close, Friday through to Sunday, subject to operating hours.
- Create a booking in Venue Manager and go through the booking flow for the product for over the phone bookings.
- If you want to sell tickets online, add the product to an online checkout and go through the online purchase flow for the product.
- If you want to sell tickets in person, add the product to a POS menu, launch the relevant POS device and check the tickets are available on the right days and times.
If sessions are not appearing how you think they should be, check how your operating hours are set up, including any scheduled changes or temporary hour overrides to standard hours.